Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2004, 10:19 AM

hi! my parents and I are thinking about doing a rccl for my graduation in 2006, and we have a few questions- I have been on the Disney Wonder twice with my family, and i loved it. On Royal carribean, do you have to pay for any food onboard? i'm assuming that main dining if included in the ticket price, but what about the various diners and bars onborad? Also, are the activities (rock climbing, minigolf, etc.) pay-to-use or are they included in the ticket as well? thankyou!
Old 10-30-2004, 10:19 AM

hi! my parents and I are thinking about doing a rccl for my graduation in 2006, and we have a few questions- I have been on the Disney Wonder twice with my family, and i loved it. On Royal carribean, do you have to pay for any food onboard? i'm assuming that main dining if included in the ticket price, but what about the various diners and bars onborad? Also, are the activities (rock climbing, minigolf, etc.) pay-to-use or are they included in the ticket as well? thankyou!
Old 10-30-2004, 01:18 PM

It depends on which RCCL class ship you go one. On the Voyager class ships (Adventure, Voyager,Mariner, Explorer, Navigator of the seas) you do NOT have to pay for the main dining or the buffet, but you do have to pay for the specialty restaurants like Chops (steaks restaurant) and Portofino (italian restaurant). When we went in April on the Voyager, we paid $20 per person for Portofino for one evening and it was great!). The food in the main dining room was also very good. We wanted to try out the specialty restaurant, and it was well worth the extra cost. Also, for Johnny Rockets, we only paid for malts and shakes. Ice skating, rock wall climbing, minigolf is free. Enjoy!
Old 10-30-2004, 01:20 PM

one more thing, i hear they may be charging a small fee to eat at Johnny rockets (3.50/person??), I am not so sure, since last time we paid only for the malts and milkshakes. We'll find out in a couple of weeks on the Mariner. Hope this helps
Old 10-30-2004, 02:41 PM

LeftyKick7,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

As cruisenutty already mentioned, food is free with the exception of the alternative restaurants (on the ships that have them, this also includes the "Radiance"-class ships) and Johnny Rockets on the "Voyager"-class ships. Royal Caribbean recently announced that in addition to malts and shakes being extra, there will be a US$ 3.95 fee per customer at Johnny Rockets. This will be implemented on all "Voyager"-class ships within the next weeks.

The "special activities" are usually included.

Should you and your parents decide to give Royal Caribbean a try, I would really like to encourage you to try the alternative restaurants should your ship have them. From my experience, they are well worth the extra charge and offer a superb dining experience.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-30-2004, 06:06 PM

I agree with Raoul. The alternative restaurants on RCI are awesome and well worht the money. What ship are you considering?

Tom
Old 10-31-2004, 07:59 AM

thanks for all the help!
I think we're looking at the Mariner, Adventurer, (or Navigator, mabey?)...not sure which one we will go with, but nonetheless, it will be a voyager-class ship. Any other tips or suggestions on this class of ships? thanks everyone!
Old 10-31-2004, 08:05 AM

Yes, I would plan your graduation dinner in Chops Restaurant. You could make it a very special occasion for your parents, as well.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 10-31-2004, 08:43 AM

Tom,

indeed - Chops Grille would be an excellent setting for a graduation dinner. Depending on one's preferences, Portofino would be an equally good choice, as well, of course.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-31-2004, 09:47 AM

Having just gotten off the Jewel I would definitely cast my vote for a special dinner at Chops Grille also. However, be aware that Chops is only on the Mariner and the Navigator in the Voyager Class. The Adventure, Explorer and Navigator only have Portofinos.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
dining, price