Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Stunning news - RCI CEO Adam Goldstein has announced that the cruise line will not renew their art auction contract with Park West. The auctions will expire over a period of months on the various ships. Oasis Of The Seas will continue to have the services of another company - Art Actually - which provides art tours and direct sales. Mr. Goldstein said the company is what if any art-related programming they may offer.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned

Passengers need to wise up about those art auctions. Asked one auctioneer about resale if they are so valuable. Was told that the company does not buy them back and it is up to the seller to find a buyer. Fat chance of doing that.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:31 PM

I was on the Radiance of the Seas and went to the art auction. I enjoyed seeing the art. Even if the pieces are not valuable, some people purchase them to place in their homes. We also were served free champange at the time of the auction.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I really liked the way they handled the art purchases on the Oasis....copies of most of the artwork on the ship could be purchased at the Art Store......and I've decided to buy some of it on the Allure if they have the same system.
Happy Sailing....and art buying....

Bob E
Old 05-20-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
Stunning news - RCI CEO Adam Goldstein has announced that the cruise line will not renew their art auction contract with Park West. The auctions will expire over a period of months on the various ships. Oasis Of The Seas will continue to have the services of another company - Art Actually - which provides art tours and direct sales. Mr. Goldstein said the company is what if any art-related programming they may offer.
I would be surprised if they do not replace Park West with some other alternative. I think the art sales generate a profitable revenue stream for them.

They may find another vendor or run it themselves - much like Princess does.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM

I had to laugh when they had the art auction on the Valor, Park West was all over everywhere. We were going to go, just for the free champagne, but did something else. I do feel for those that were "taken", but those that bought it because they liked the painting, why not. It doesn't have to be worth a fortune to enjoy art.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:51 AM

Really stunning News, I can't expect this news from RCI CEO. We have to wise up things.

Closed Thread

Tags
art, auction, caribbean, company, contract, cruise, oasis, paint, park, rci, reviews, royal, sea, seas, west