Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2004, 05:04 PM

If we do not plan any excursions will there be anything to do at the ports? Labadee, Ocho Rio, George Town, Cozumel. I was thinking about taking the Cancun excursion but it is 8 hrs long.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:04 PM

If we do not plan any excursions will there be anything to do at the ports? Labadee, Ocho Rio, George Town, Cozumel. I was thinking about taking the Cancun excursion but it is 8 hrs long.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:56 AM

I think a good first source of information would be to visit our sister site, PortReviews.com. There you will find answers to many of your port questions as well as a great number of suggested activities. Just go to: www.caribbeanportreviews.com and then click on the links on the left for the desired destinations. After you have read that info, if you have any other questions or would like additional feedback, this is the place to get those questions answered.

By the way, if you have not visited Cozumel before, there is so much to see and do right there, I would save a Cancun excursion for a return trip.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-31-2004, 07:08 AM

Are you going to Cozumel!!! LUCKY YOU!!!
I've been there last year and I enjoyed myself! We took a glass-bottom boat snorkelling excursion who took us to 3 different reefs... There is plenty of colorful fish to see. After, we went to a authentic mexican restaurant where I had a sampler plate. This was the best mexican food I ever had. I am still talking about it! 11 bucks for 6 different foods! We wished we rented a scooter or a car down there and drove around the island. Apparently, there is good surfing on the other side. I would go back there anytime... Do you want to pack me in your luggage? hahaha
Old 12-31-2004, 07:12 AM

Actually... If you want to go take a tour in Cancun... I would not suggest it. I would take the ferry and go to Playa Del Carmen, where the shopping is REALLY CHEAP. Then you can take a Collectivo bus (white van) for a $1.50 and go to Xel-Ha (national park) or to Tulum on the Mayan Riviera to see some Mayan ruins. I suggest you do this on your own, you will save a fortune. A lot of tourists take those collectivos, they will show you the way.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:48 AM

No matter where you are I would never suggest taking an excursion on your own that is any where near the entire time your in a port. That's the main factor in my decision as to whether to go on our own. If you take a cruise lines excursion even if you are late getting back and the ship leaves without you, it won't cost you a penny to get caught back up. It's the cruise lines responsibility.

Closed Thread