Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2005, 03:14 PM

I knew there was a Wine package but is there a drink card for beer or anything ? We will be on The Mariner of the Seas . How does the Wine package work ?
Old 01-27-2005, 03:14 PM

I knew there was a Wine package but is there a drink card for beer or anything ? We will be on The Mariner of the Seas . How does the Wine package work ?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:02 PM

Unless something has changed, they now only have a Coke card.... It's about $50 for adults for the week. I'm not familiar with the wine card...
Old 01-28-2005, 03:45 AM

Just back from Brilliance
There are no beer cards -there used to be.
The wine package allows you to buy 5 bottles of wine in advance
There are 3 packages -I think they were silver gold and platinum
I took the most expensive which I think cost 117 dollars + 15%
Be care ful - if you chose the 5 cheapest wines you would loose out
Also the most expensive were out of stock
To be honest I am not sure if we saved anything buying this - to be fair the wine served was of a consistently high quality
Old 01-28-2005, 08:41 AM

I posted an answer to this question that was asked on another thread and here was my response:
The soda package is a good deal IF you drink a lot of soda. The cost for children (17 and under) is $4 per day and for adults it is $6 per day. Obviously at $1.50 per can of soda + 15% gratuity, you wouldn't need to consume much. It is, however, a fountain soda package and not by the can.

The drink packages however are a bit less advantageous. Groups have the opportunity to buy an unlimited alcohol package for $49 pp per day for well and call brand and $59 pp per day for premium. Individual ships within the fleet sometimes offer a drink package that allows for a set number of drinks at a set cost, but the price, ships and offers vary quite a bit. There are times when I have been on the same ship within a couple of months and once it is offered and the next time it is not - seems to be no rhyme or reason. But, when it has been offered it usually amounted to about a $.50 saving per drink and your choices of brands was limited.

As for the wine packages I truly believe they are way overpriced!! When a bottle of Kendall Jackson chardonnay breaks down to about $45 per bottle on the wine package - that isn't a good deal.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Alwaysonvacation:
Unless something has changed, they now only have a Coke card.... It's about $50 for adults for the week. I'm not familiar with the wine card...

Are you talking about the soft drink?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:38 PM

Funny, but to my knowledge Rccl only serves Coca Cola products..And since I'm not from up North, no offense, I chose not to say Soda card. My wife is from the frozen tundra of the North and we pick at each other all the time. Nancy, I didn't know about the adult bev card though and to my knowledge it wasn't offered to our group. Out of the 3 cruises we've been on 2 have been group cruises.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:19 PM

No offense taken!!! I love that you caught the term "soda card". To me it is POP, but I try to catch myself whenever possible. Actually, Royal Caribbean terms it a "Soda/Juice Package", but I believe you are correct, RCI serves coca-cola products, so what comes out the "fountains" at the bar are coke products.

The alcohol package is offered to groups and whomever is organizing and booking the group has the ability to request this package. The downside to this is that RCI requires that it be an all or nothing package - meaning that everyone in the group must purchase the package, which is perhaps why you are unaware of it.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, buy, card, caribbean, cost, criise, cruise, drink, group, mariner, package, royal, seas, soft, wine