Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2004, 09:28 PM

A question for all...is it better to book a year or so ahead...or is it more expensive and should I be looking for a last minute cruise instead? It seems that the cruises have also gone up in price by about 20%. What do you all think?
Thank you
Old 07-12-2004, 09:28 PM

A question for all...is it better to book a year or so ahead...or is it more expensive and should I be looking for a last minute cruise instead? It seems that the cruises have also gone up in price by about 20%. What do you all think?
Thank you
Old 07-13-2004, 04:15 AM
Banned

Tov
I find that it is best to book 60-90 days prior to sail date.I seem to get a better price that way.As far as prices going up you are correct, I wanted to go in Sept. and can not find any kind of a deal at all.Usually Sept. thru Dec.there are really good rates, but not this year.We have made other plans because of the prices.As a matter of fact we will cut our 2-3 cruises a year down to 1 if the prices remain as high as they are now.You have to remember several of the smaller lines have gone out of bussiness and Carnival has bought up a bunch, when you remove competition you can minipulate the prices, and this is what has happened.
Tom
Old 07-13-2004, 06:28 AM

Pricing also depends on the specific week that you are cruising. Cruise lines know when the high demand, shoulder and the soft departure weeks. Their pricing reflects the overall demand for the particular cruise. As an example, if you want to cruise over Christmas and New Years, be prepared to pay full bore and book as soon as you can.

But, if you are going to cruise, say the first part of December, history has taught us that you are much better off to wait until the last minute to book.

Tom
Old 07-15-2004, 05:08 PM

I booked last November(yes 2003) for Jan 24, 2005 11 night Brilliance. The price has now gone up $200.00 per person on that same cruise. If the price had gone down I would have the TA negotiate with the cruise line, but so far it seems like I am ahead of the game. I wanted a particular area on a particular deck, so I have exactly the room I want from booking so far in advance. P.S. I'm hoping for a Coupon in my Royal Carribean magazine to apply to this cruise before we leave.

Closed Thread