Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 11:24 AM

Hello all - My soon to be wife and I are going on the Oasis for our Honneymoon! We're wondering if anyone out there has copies of the dinner menus so we can plan out our dining options. Also, has anyone gone to the 150 Central Park for dinner?

Thank you - Sean
Old 01-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

I was on the special 4-night Oasis cruise in December and ate at 150 Central Park one night. It was a 6 course tasting menu. The chef planned to alternate with another menu during the regular 7-night cruises but I don't know what that other menu has. These are set menus. You don't get to pick what you get. Each course is served in order.

If you look HERE you will see photos I took from the cruise. Image 71 is the 150 Central Park menu. Click on the gear in the top right corner and you can enlarge the image.

I don't have copies of dining room menus. They are the standard dinner menus used currently by all RCI ships, but I don't know the order Oasis is presenting them in.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:56 PM

Thanks Dave - Great pictures. This will be my 5th cruise on Royal Caribbean and I'm pretty excited for the Oasis. Thanks for sharing...
Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Hey Dave,

I haven't been here on the site in a while, so I'm just getting around to seeing your pictures from the oasis of the seas cruise. They are truly breath taking. I'm booked to sail on September 11 on my birthday and I can't wait to go on it. Was it a smooth sail on your cruise, I hear that the ship is so huge it doesn't even feel as if you are moving?

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 01-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Despite some reports you can and will feel motion if the conditions are right. Not much, but still perceptible if the seas get up towards 9 feet or more. At 6 feet or less the ship was remarkably stable.

One thing about motion is it's affect on the Oasis Of Dreams water show. Since they now have a bit of experience using the AquaTheater, they've learned that it doesn't take much motion to cause a safety hazard for the divers. My understanding is they had to cancel some shows, or at least cancel the high dives, over the past few weeks.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the info Dave, I'm so excited about this cruise and being aboard this massive vessel.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Get me out of this snowbound artic wasteland and get me on the Oasis......14 days to go....

Bob E
Old 01-15-2010, 02:37 PM

Wow!!! Gotta love that menu. I mean, come on, once you try Wagyu beef, Ruth's Chris will seem like a trip to the Western Sizzlin'... And finish it off with some Caramelized Banana!! Sounds kinda like Bananas Foster without the alcohol.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Administrator

I have never been a fan of beets but they seem to be "the thing" with many chefs these days. Given the venue I of course ate the beet course. I was quite pleased with the beet ice cream. It tasted exactly like a fresh beet, even the earthiness came through. Yet it was refreshing at the same time.

The sunchoke soup was excellent too.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Oh, I almost forgot. The wine list at 150 Central Park is extensive. It also isn't for those on a budget. I think the cheapest bottle was around $60 and then it went up to one that was $4000. Several were in the $100 to $200 range. They also had a wine pairing in two levels - I think it was $55 for the basic level and $75 per person for better vintages.

Closed Thread

Tags
150, caribbean, central, cruise, diner, dinner, list, menu, menus, oasis, park, pics, reviews, royal, seas, tasting, wine