Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 10:42 PM

I just asked in a different discussion about water, but can we pack soda in our luggage on Navigator of the Seas??

Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 PM

You are not allow to bring any alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on-board. You can go HERE to find more information.

Sonny
Old 04-01-2010, 09:42 AM

actually it says no alcohol so im guessing as long as you dont have any vodka in a water bottle you are just fine lol.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Actually it did say no personal beverages of any sort as of March 12 when Sonny last posted about it. However they have changed the wording of the on-line Q&A to remove soda and water as being banned. That said, the Guest Conduct Policy still says:

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic nor non-alcoholic beverages onboard and Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) at any time. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports-of-call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship’s personnel and delivered to the guest’s stateroom just prior to the conclusion of the cruise. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."
Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 PM

well that was my point i was making thats its fine for soda now.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
well that was my point i was making thats its fine for soda now.
No, now it's conflicting statements. The website says one thing and the official Guest Conduct Policy says something different. Strictly speaking the GCP takes precedence.

However, reports indicate that they aren't taking soda and water at embarkation. But we've also had reports where the ships were confiscating sodas at ports-of-call.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:03 PM

They need to get their policy straight. I think they went a little "overboard" with it to begin with and are now trying to back off a bit with the language for "cruise appeal" purposes.

The main thing to go by is the cruise contract as cruise lines change (and fail to change) the wording on web sites often. Some of this is coming from the Homeland Security rules. I had to drink or pour out an opened bottle of water at the Jacksonville Port last October. Then I checked half a case of Spring Water without a hitch on Carnival.

Some consistency would be in order for bringing water and soda on board. Here is a link to the current Cruise Contract they have on the site.

Dwayne
Old 04-02-2010, 06:40 AM

you are exactly right islandcruz... I was thinking the same I cruise in may so I guess I would just have to take a chance and see with all the conflicting rules now..

I would think its whatever the cruiseline says because once your checking in on the ship it should only be up to the cruise line to make the ultimate decision.

I mean I understand security measures as far as the liquids but maybe if they didnt charge a arm n leg for drink packages they wouldnt have this issue.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Administrator

It was a silly change, and perhaps they are revoking it but haven't gotten around to revising the conduct policy yet. RCI has long had one of the most difficult websites and it never seems to be current.

I have no doubt the original idea was to push sales of their new water and juice packages, in addition to the soda package. Generating revenue is fine, but at some point you have to throw the flag and say "oh come on".

They sell diaper packages too, so perhaps the next step will be to ban passengers from bringing their own diapers and wipes! "You MUST buy them from us!"
Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 AM

lol @ Dave yes you are right they want to charge for everything but hopefully it will all work out. This wil be my 1st cruise and its a
little stressful to keep up with all the rules.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, back, bring, buy, caribbean, cruise, drink, line, luggage, majesty, ncl, oack, pack, package, royal, seas, ship, soda, sodas