Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator

The current voyage of Adventure Of The Seas has been disrupted because three people aboard display flu-like symptoms. St. Lucia and Antigua refused to allow the ship to enter their ports. The ship was allowed to dock in St. Thomas today.

I hate to sound cynical, but I'm sure there are passengers who are blaming RCI and demanding refunds or other compensation. This is totally beyond the cruise line's control and RCI should not have to do anything.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator

The current voyage of Adventure Of The Seas has been disrupted because three people aboard display flu-like symptoms. St. Lucia and Antigua refused to allow the ship to enter their ports. The ship was allowed to dock in St. Thomas today.

I hate to sound cynical, but I'm sure there are passengers who are blaming RCI and demanding refunds or other compensation. This is totally beyond the cruise line's control and RCI should not have to do anything.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Oh Lawdy! I sure hate to hear this. This could happen on any cruise ship or line. I can imagine the complaints and demands from some.

Dwayne
Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 AM

When the flu could possibly not be the well known noro junk and could possibly be a deadly variant of swine flu you can't blame these countries. Look what it did to tourism in Mexico when the local population started dying, not to mention what it does to communities and families well beyond the economic impact.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-12-2009, 09:41 AM

It is sad to see that happen but the islands can do that and RCI has to obey the request and no one wants to see a vacation ruined by that and I'm sure the same can be said for the cruise lines.

Peterl

Old 06-12-2009, 11:41 AM

The results of the flu test have come back on the three people on the Adventure of the Seas. It was not H1N1 flu. Unfortunately, everyone had to miss two of the best islands for nothing.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by poormom:
Kudos to the medical staff for their honesty and caution. They could have easily labeled their symptoms as common cold and continued to port.
The cruise lines take the health and safety of their passengers very seriously.
They may have some irate passengers, but had it actually been swine flu, they would have been far more upset.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 06-12-2009, 01:48 PM

I'm about to go on a cruise and this could very well happen to me. However, I'm glad that precautions are being taken. This flu going around is a serious matter. Wash hands everyone and happy sailing.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:29 PM
JUST A NOTE

We just got the news here in Puerto Rico about the problem on the AOS,
well we had have a few cases on the island but they are in control even that the case of the AOS is the second problem we have with a cruise ship.
During may the news reported another h1n1 problem from a Unknown cruise in the Puerto Rico Area.
Remember is high season
there are a lot of tourists visiting the caribbean from a lot of places

To be clear for all of you that will be visiting us Because I know this can be a difficult situation for enjoying your cruise time let me be perfectly clear on this subject:

NONE I MEAN NONE!!!

None of this cases are from people living Puerto Rico they are tourists on island,
mostly live on one of the affected areas by the H1n1 and they boarded ship with a pre existing conditions and in most cases they are not in a time that they can affect any other with their conditions.

We have DO not have ANY REPORTED CASE FROM PEOPLE LIVING ON THE ISLAND AND FOR ALL WE KNOW FOR THE MOMENT WE ARE NOT AFFECTED BY IT.

Great precautions had been taken by our medical department and we. are dealing we everything we have to avoid any more problems. Everytime we suspect of a case precautions are taken even if its not necesary just to insure your stay on the island.
the caribbean is a safe place for travel specially for cruising

As for the port of calling
They are doing what they can one of the divisions that make
Tamiflu
Is in PR and the hysteria created on the island by this almost run out tamiflu form the farmacies
At the moment our goverment controls the sale of tamiflu on the island in order to avoid this problem and they are only giving it for cases where is need it to as been territory of the usa give us options other island don't have.
But most of those island are poor and with little medical options until a vaccine is made, my guess, they are doing what they can to protect thier people and it's not RCCL foult

sorry for the comment but since I know there are a lot of tourist comming to Puerto Rico My guess it will be better to give you the complete info on the subject.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Caz,

Thank you for the report. I was hoping to hear from you about this, and appreciate your giving us the full story.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, hated, puerto, rci, ricans, seas