Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 06:26 PM

Is this the place where all cruisers who have been banned from posting on cruise critics because my spelling is and typing is very poor?

The most recent banning occured today because I was upgraded on the Mariner of the Seas on it Thaksgiving cruise from a balcony
E-1 to the Royal Suite. The additional cost was $1,000.00.

There was several people who were I would say jealous and did not believe me. The thread about my upgrade had about 160 posting in about 5 days and was removed with my IP address being no longer no longer welcome.

I am truly tied of constantly coming up with new ID's and waiting for someone to report me.

There is no problen in geting back of CC BB for I have always said what man has done man can do. I just have to cool down and I will then register again after i change my IP and MAC addresses

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND ESPECIALLY TO ANY cRUISE CRITIC REJECTS.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:26 PM

Is this the place where all cruisers who have been banned from posting on cruise critics because my spelling is and typing is very poor?

The most recent banning occured today because I was upgraded on the Mariner of the Seas on it Thaksgiving cruise from a balcony
E-1 to the Royal Suite. The additional cost was $1,000.00.

There was several people who were I would say jealous and did not believe me. The thread about my upgrade had about 160 posting in about 5 days and was removed with my IP address being no longer no longer welcome.

I am truly tied of constantly coming up with new ID's and waiting for someone to report me.

There is no problen in geting back of CC BB for I have always said what man has done man can do. I just have to cool down and I will then register again after i change my IP and MAC addresses

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND ESPECIALLY TO ANY cRUISE CRITIC REJECTS.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:53 PM

I don't like thinking of ourselves as a place for CC rejects, but if your intent is to have an honest conversation about cruising among a group of seasoned cruisers, then you are welcome.

I have always held CC in high regard, so I must warn you that Cruise-Chat.com is not the place to attack CC.

So what happend?

Tom
Old 01-03-2005, 08:30 PM

After I checked in at the embarkation desk for the Mariners sailing, I went to the Port Coordinator's desk and asked if the Royal Suite was available for ungrade. I was told that there were no suites available. I knew that was not true, and further i knew that the Roayal Suite was not booked, for it was listed as available on RCCL's Web cite a week before sailing.

The ship was set to sail i believe around 5:30 PM. Muster was set for 4:00PM. I waited until Muster was over around 4:20PM and went up to deck #10 where the Royal Suite was and rang the door bell. There was no answer and the room steward cam over to me and asked if he could help me. i told him i was trying to find out if the Royal Suite was book, is is it available... He told me that it was not sold. I immediately ran down to deck 4 where the gang way was and told the guard that i wanted to speak to the pier coordinator. I showed him my Sea Pass and he said it was OK... I found adifferent person at the desk and asked her if the Royal Suite was available for upgrade. She told me that all suites were taken. I told her that is not true for i know that the Royal Suite was available for upgrad. She asked me how did i know that and i told her that the room steward told me. She then picked up the telephone and call the main office in Miami and asked if the royal Suite was available. I over heard the answer on the telephone and it was a strong YES. She then looked up some papers and put her hand on the mouth piec of the phone and asked me what cabin cat. was i in . i told balcony E-!. She then said to upgrade to the Royal Suite will be $1,000.00. I immedaitely said SOLD. She informed miami that she is selling the Royal Suite and they said fine. After she hung up the phoone she asked how I was going to pay the #$1,000.00. I handed her my Sea pass and she said that dhe required a credit card. I told her all my credits are in the safe in my cabin and i will go get it now. I further said to her that she sold the Royal Suite too cheap, for i was prepared to pay $3,000.00. She said that she does not make the rates they are set by Miami.

i left out a lot of details, like I had to leave the ship not one but twice twice for as I said she could not charge the 41,000.00 to my Sea pass. I had to have a credit card and i had to get my wife's sea pass that would also be echanged.

The people on the thread refused to believe that i was upgraded to the Royal Suite and were assusing that I was lieing. They accused me of lieing when i said that I left the ship after muster to see the pier coordinator. They further said that after muster no one is permitted to leave the ship.

There was a lot more of give and take but there was no way that I was able to convince these people that i was upgraded from a E-! balcony to the Royal Suite fgor a $1,000.00 extra.

Another thig that got these people unglued was the fact that i knocked on the Royal Suite door to see if it was occupied,. They considered that action an invasion of somebodies privacy.

DO YOU WANT TO HEAR MORE??????????
Old 01-04-2005, 03:36 AM

Yes, I do. Unfortunately, I am leaving for a trip as I respond and won't have access to the Internet for a week. I will look forward to reading this thread when I get back though. Welcome aboard!

Tom
Old 01-04-2005, 04:56 AM
Banned

What is your point? Do you want a good faith deposit that we believe you made a upgrade for $1000? Was this per person or total? How many were with you?

Thanks for the advice. It will be worth looking into on future cruises. Just goes to prove that the crusie lines do not upgrade passengers into higher cabins just to fill them.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:04 AM

I, too welcome you aboard, but don't appreciate the reference to being CC's rejects. (In fact many of us enjoy posting on both boards.) We are a small forum compared to CruiseCritics huge chat group, but a friendly and responsive group. We like to think that new cruisers feel comfortable coming here because they get their questions answered honestly and without any sarcastic or caustic responses.

As for your banishment, I am curious as to why you have been terminated 6 times. I can't imagine that poor spelling or typing is considered a crime, punishable by exile.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-04-2005, 09:45 AM

First of all i would like to thank you one and all for your kind welcome

You must understand that I have been getting these senior citizens moments more frequently and they are lasting a lot longer, so if I do not answer your question it is not that i am ignoring you, I just forget.

One of you asked if the $1,000.00 was per person or for the entire cabin. It was for the cabin regardless of the number of passengers, in my case it was just my wife and me. My entire family goes on all of the cruise, which is a total of 7 people including myself. I usually book 3 balcony cabins for the simple reason that RCL gives Diamond members a nice discount when you book a balcony or higher cat. cabin.

The thing that amazes me is that all of you people who replied to my original posting got the point and thanked me for the information. The people that was on the thread at cruise critic went after me with avengence and were out for blood.

What i was trying to do on Cruise Critic was to inform the people that when the pier coordinator says that there are no upgrades available that that is not necessary the truth.

Another point, i became very friendly with Roham, our cabin steward and he told me maytimes they sail with the Royal Suite empty and several Owners Suites empty. Consequently if you are interested in a pier upgrade, you ought to do your home work, and dont accept no fore an snswer. If I did not go to the Royal Suite myself after muster to see if it was occupied, the royal suite would have been empty for the cruise and I would have been in my balcony for the cruise.

One last point, after having lunch in the windjammer, and then inspecting the dining room and determining where are table was located, I went to the pursar's desk and asked if there are any suites available for upgrade and I got the same answer that there are none available. You would think that a company the size of RCL would know what the status of their inventory is.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Banned

NancyN

Eye feal bad about bean reefered too as second class. Kan eye git rijeked and band four bad spellin and typin frum Cruise-Chat? Than Aye kan join Cruise Critic.

Thanks
Ed
Old 01-05-2005, 07:21 AM

Hi Ed,
I apologize for the editing comment on your post. I did nothing to correct or enhance the excellent quality of your writing skills (VBG). I meant to hit the post a reply tab and accidentally hit my "edit" link instead.

Enyway, I Kan't emagin that we wuld choos to banish yu. As long as we can decipher the code and you aren't flaming someone, it's fine by me. Besides, I enjoy reading your posts -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
address, banned, cartagena, change, columbia, critic, critics, cruise, cruisecritics, forum, id, mac, member, ship, spoof