Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 01:12 PM

We are thinking of taking a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. What are the best rooms. Are the rooms all the way aft - good or bad rooms. They may be the only ones available.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

You'll need to be more specific as to the cabin categories and deck. None of the cabins are "bad". It's just that some are in a better location depending on what you want to do. They are all the same within basic categories. In other words all the standar balcony cabins are the same even though they may be in more than one category.

I'd be happy in a cabin anywhere on the Freedom Of The Seas.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:48 PM

We are in 6530 (Balcony Cabin) and our kids in 6531 (inside cabin) over thanksgiving week. I would stay in a closet if I had to to be on the freedom. Can't wait.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:14 PM

Thanks for your help. I guess what I was asking...is it better to be at the front or back...do you feel the movement of the boat more at one end or the other? This is a crazy questions but where are the motors? I hear some people say that they hear the loud noise of the motors. You can tell we are new to cruising. We just took a 3 day cruise on Carnival and had a wonderful time - absolutely no complaints but would like to try the bigger ship on Royal Caribbean.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:48 PM
You will love it. It is beautiful ship and you going to have time of your life.You will never feel movement or motor. Ship is huge.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 PM
I'd try to get a cabin mid-ship,usually high up, i.e. deck #9, near the rear elevators JUST IN CASE you MAY get sea sick. I've found that unless the seas are REAL rough, ships of the size of a Freedom or Voyager class will not have very much movement. My wife gets a little ill, and the ship's general store has a sea-sick pill called "Bromine", or something like that, that works very well for her. It's also available in many grocery stores, for a lot less money. Good luck, and I agree that you're going to love Freedom
Old 06-30-2010, 02:29 AM

I agree with Jim1012 about mid-ship cabins having less movement in rough seas. I rarely need the Bonine "meclizine" very often. The last time I was in a port hole cabin in the main front of the ship after a storm had went through the area.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:21 AM

Thank you all for your help!! I have another question about the rough seas. Someone told my husband that December was not a good time to travel the Caribbean - that the seas were very rough. Can you comment on that?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Sea conditions don't follow a calendar. Seas in December are no more likely to be rough than seas in June. There is always someone who, because they experienced rough seas on one cruise X years ago, runs around telling everyone it is always like that if you cruise in (insert month). Don't believe it.

Could you encounter choppy waters in December? Sure. But then so could I next week when I'm on the Carnival Elation. It isn't something to waste your time worrying about.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 AM
We had a balcony room on the "bubble" when we were on Freedom and loved it.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cabins, cruise, feel, freedom, front, hear, holes, midship, motors, movement, port, running, seas, ship