Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2005, 03:36 PM

I will be sailing on the Vogager next month. My stateroom is located across from an elevator. Does anyone know if I should expect to hear a lot of noise from this? I would really appreciate you comments.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:36 PM

I will be sailing on the Vogager next month. My stateroom is located across from an elevator. Does anyone know if I should expect to hear a lot of noise from this? I would really appreciate you comments.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:09 PM

Not really. I was across from the elevator on Grandeur, and iy never bothered me. With all the activities, excursions, dining, shows, etc., most just crash when returning to the room.

David
Old 02-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Banned

It depends on what you call a lot of noise. If you like quiet I would advise a different cabin. You have to remember that about 1/3 of your deck will be using that elevator. That means congragating around the elevator while waiting for it.Then you have the late night perty animals getting on and off it.I know that I stay away from stairs and elevators for this reason. Just my experience from past cruises.
Tom
Old 02-05-2005, 07:04 AM

Julie,
I must agree with Tom. The noise can be a factor, depending on the passenger make-up (based on personal experence). If memory serves me correctly, the cabins on the Voyager are on the backside of the elevators and the elevators open toward the centrum area. But, crowd noise could still be an issue. It also depends on what floor you are on.
Suzi
Old 02-08-2005, 02:32 PM

We have an Owners suite on Mariner (March 20) on Deck 10 across from the elevator - how is the noise level there???
Old 02-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Banned

We were not on that ship but as we were waitng for a elevator on one ship there seemed to be a lot of noise. Investigating the source I discovered it was comming from the Owner's Suite. The noise was always such a problem that we avoided the elevators near that suite. The passengers in that suite were a rowdy bunch. So it may be a problem if you are concerned about disturbing the passengers waiting for a elevator.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:11 PM

Thanks for all of your comments. If the elevators open into to the centrum like Suzi thinks I will feel a lot better about it. I will look into that.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:05 AM

My wife, son and I had a room next to the elevator on the Horizon. There is a good amount of noise and everyone stops to look at the map that is there too. The good part is that you are right there for it especially if you have a child in a stroller. I probably would not get another room near the elevator. Phil
Old 03-13-2005, 10:52 PM

so does anyone know if on the Mariner the elevators open to the inside of the ship as opposed to facing the cabins? (specifically on Deck 10)

Closed Thread

Tags
9622, caribbean, cruise, elevator, elevators, explorer, locate, noise, quiet, room, rooms, rural, ship, ships, suites