Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 AM

Our final payment for our upcoming January cruise is due next week. We are ready to submit the payment.
My question - is there anything we need to know about making this final payment? I have already checked to make sure the price hasn't decreased (it has actually gone up as our category is sold out).
What should we expect to receive once the final payment is made? Will any paperwork, cruise info, or other documents be sent to us? Or is everything done online now?
Also, I have not yet booked our sightseeing trips on RC's website (this is new to me, as past cruises we were only able to book upon arriving at the ship). I'm nervous that we're waiting too long to book these and will be shut out of the trips we want. But having to pay for them immediately upon booking is a little tough. How long is too long to wait in making these reservations?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 AM

Everything is done online now. You may want to ask if you are set up to receive luggage tags though. You can always get luggage tags at the pier also. If you are looking at a special shore excursion that is only offered at one time and is very limited to the number of people that can sign up; then I would book now. IE: a dolphin swim or a Atlantis submarine adventure. They are limited in number of participants. Something like a snorkel trip or city/island tour which has more than one time offered isn't as likely to fill up as fast as the prior mentioned.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:05 AM

Last month we received our documents about 4 weeks prior to our Oct 4th cruise on the Radiance. That's the only thing you can expect after making your final payment. You'll have to go on line to fill in information and print out your Set Sail Pass. I don't think you'll have a problem booking excursions on board the ship. Excursion bookings are made by the Guest Relations Desk on deck 5.

Sonny

Old 10-23-2009, 08:56 PM

I had some problems this time...seems the b2b throws a wrench in the works. After I paid my final payment, I received an email saying I could print all my documents for the trip online, but when I tried to I got a message saying that my reservation couldn't be printed.

I called RCCL and they sent me everything via snailmail which I prefer anyway. The trick is to make sure you contact them in plenty of time if you want them to send it in the mail.

For some reason the b2b caused major problems with the online system. It took me 3 phone calls to find someone who could put our reservations on my cruises on the website. Now that we are all online, when you can't find it on the website, you kind of panic.

I hope things go smoother on the ship. Counting down
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Old 10-24-2009, 08:13 AM

Also, for excursions, you can also make them in your cabin through the tv. I don't know if all of the ships have this capability but it does work well. I usually have all of mine booked before we board, I am leaving some options open to see how adventurous we feel.

Anyone been on the segway ? (and then you go snorkeling)...we thought it might be something we won't get another chance to do (the segway)
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Closed Thread

Tags