Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2002, 02:11 PM

On the Grandeur - Category M-Q inside are 140 sq. ft., and Category K and L inside are 146 sq. ft. As for oceanview cabins they are 154 sq.ft.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-23-2002, 06:21 PM

Hello All,
We just returned from Explorer of The Seas stayed in a modest Catagory I, Level 2, Outside Cabin 2550. We have also been on Granduer in a Deluxe Balcony cabin.

Of course the Balcony cabin was nice. We also very pleased that our last 2550 cabin was equally nice. We had a large porthole the size of a window really. The bed was positioned under the window. The room also had a loveseat and table plus mirrored desk/make-up area. My husband and I always over pack. We had 6 bags total and everything fit in the closet, shelves and drawers. I brought 20 extra hangers which was a real help. All of our bags fit under the bed when we lifted it. The bathroom space was small but the space was used very well. I would take this room again no problem and it was a very economical choice. I have traveled on Carnival, HAL and Some Lines That Are No More. I have had larger rooms but RCCL has the best use of space. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Florida Gal
Old 11-11-2002, 10:24 AM

Floridagal, thank you so much for your brief review of catagory I, level 2 cabins. We're booked on the Brilliance, Jan 13th with a cat. I, level 2 outside cabin # 2026. I'm so happy to hear they're more than adequate!!! I was afraid we'd get there and find a mini porthole, partially obstructed or something. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] 62 days and counting!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2002, 05:04 PM

I have sailed many different cruise lines, including both Carnival, 3 times, and RCCL, 3 times. The smallest cabins I have ever seen were on Carnival. My cabins on RCCL were much larger, and much nicer. I have had a category I, deck 2 on a previous RCCL cruise, I am taking a category I, deck 2 on my next cruise. This cabin was large enough and spacious enough, for everything I brought. I am also committed to RCCL after having sailed both lines. They are number 1 for me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2002, 01:16 PM

I WAS JUST ON EXPLORER OF THE SEAS WITH TWO FRIENDS THAT SNORED! THE ROOM ON DECK EIGHT WAS
SUITABLE FOR THE OCCASION. AFTER ALL THE SHIP WAS
GREAT....WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A PORT HOLE TO LOOK
OUT OF; BUT WE WERE SO CAUGHT UP IN HAVING A GOOD
TIME, THAT WE MADE THE BEST OF EVERYTHING WE CAME ACROSS.....THERE WAS SO MUCH TO DO ON BOARD THAT
WE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO TAKE PART IN EVERYTHING....
I AM ALREADY BOOKED FOR TWO CRUISES NEXT YEAR. ON DIFFERENT TWO OTHER SHIPS....KEEPING IN MIND, THAT
WE USUALLY GET WHAT WE PAY FOR.PROVIDING THAT WE
HAVE THE RIGHT ATTITUDE TO GO ALONG WITH IT!
SO ENJOY.....LOVE ALWAYS IN THE SPIRIT.

what is UBBCode?
Old 11-27-2002, 06:33 AM

I hope you love the Brilliance of the Seas. I was on this ship a couple of weeks ago.

Your stateroom will be plenty adequate. Warning about the bathroom in this category, the shower is small and circular but adequate. Don't expect a full length shower stall like you might have at home. The shower head is like a "shower massage" kinda in that you can leave it on the wall or slide it out and be hand-held. The shower head is also adjustable in height. Good luck in getting the water to come one - you may find it a little tricky to figure it out at first. I figured it out finally but got wet before I wanted to (ha ha). The numbers on the dials I was told were in Celsius.

Have a great time! Try going up to the Solarium at night - it's beautiful!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, caribbean, carnival, carriabean, cruise, head, luggage, rcl, room, rooms, royal, shower, size, small, storing