Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2002, 09:26 PM

Hello

I am going on my 4th cruise this November and it will be my 1st time on Royal Caribbean. I will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. I have heard from numerous veteran cruisers that RCL's rooms are very small and poorly decorated.

I am interested in finding out more about this, your thoughts, feelings ect. My last cruise was on Carnival and they have very large rooms, which is why, I suspect that they are a much more popular cruise line then RCL.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[This message was edited by cruisebum7 on August 15, 2002 at 09:34 PM.]

[This message was edited by cruisebum7 on August 15, 2002 at 10:26 PM.]
Old 08-15-2002, 09:26 PM

Hello

I am going on my 4th cruise this November and it will be my 1st time on Royal Caribbean. I will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. I have heard from numerous veteran cruisers that RCL's rooms are very small and poorly decorated.

I am interested in finding out more about this, your thoughts, feelings ect. My last cruise was on Carnival and they have very large rooms, which is why, I suspect that they are a much more popular cruise line then RCL.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[This message was edited by cruisebum7 on August 15, 2002 at 09:34 PM.]

[This message was edited by cruisebum7 on August 15, 2002 at 10:26 PM.]
Old 08-16-2002, 04:17 PM

The rooms are a little larger than Carnival, thats just my opinion though. The luggage fits under the beds which is really nice. Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2002, 05:29 PM

FYI - we've sailed 6 times, our 4th with RC coming up in 10 days! others have been Princess, and NCL. We LOVE RC and it just depends on you. The 1st cruise, we had a smaller outside cabin, perfect I thought. The next RC they upgraded us to a suite. My husband loved it because he packs A LOT! RC is a great compremise between Carnival and other more upscale and sedate lines. We have never failed to be completely satisfied with our accomodations or service with RC. Start looking forward to you cruise now! And certainly, don't worry about the size of your cabin. Afterall coziness can be nice too! Bon Voyage, RK
Old 08-17-2002, 03:00 PM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

You make an assumption that Carnival does more business than RC because they are a better line and they have larger Cabins. I think your wrong on both counts. It is our opinion RC is head and shoulders above Carnival. We made one Carnival cruise and if it had been our first, we would have never cruised again. Carnival is for the younger crowd and those that like to party. After having fights breaking out in our hallway on three successive nights, they finally had to post a security guard in our hallway for the rest of the cruise.

As far as size of the cabin, we pack more luggage than most people and we have never had a problem with space.

Why don't you post a review when you return and give us your opinion on RC and the size of their cabins.

Regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 08-23-2002, 01:45 PM

No it is not true that royal caribbean rooms are extremely small. we sailed with several cruiselines and our cabin on Enchantment of the Seas (outside cabin) and also our cabin on the new Brilliance of the Seas (outside with balcony)was big enough. You can store easily all your clothes and other stuff. Your suitcases can be placed under the beds and your room is very beautifull furnished. Have a great time on your Royal Caribbean cruise.

Kind regards Arno

Take a look at www.rccl-cruisefanclub.nl
Old 08-24-2002, 09:14 AM

Hello,
Carnival and RCCL are different products, so it is a bit difficult to compare them..... if they were "potatos"... Carnival would be 'french fries' [they go great with your Happy Meal] and RCCL would be a 'Baked Potato' [they go great with Filet Mignon].
The cabin space is compact on all ships! On RCCL you can store your bags under the beds, and that is a plus!
Enjoy your cruise....
Old 08-24-2002, 03:31 PM

The size differential between ocean view cabins on Carnival and Royal Caribbean is marginal. In fact, an ocean view on the 'Explorer' is 180 square feet and on the Carnival 'Triumph' the footage is 185.
Having said that, I would like to point out that even though one ship's cabins might be bigger than another, you might feel that the so called 'smaller' cabin might be considered bigger because of the way the cabin is laid out. Even the shape of the bed and its location in the cabin can make a large cabin seem a lot smaller.
Sincerely. Cruiseman
Old 08-27-2002, 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cruisebum7:
Hello

Hi!

It is correct that Royal Caribbean's cabins originally were much smaller than Carnival's. However, this has changed with the introduction of the "Vision"-class. The only RCI ships that still have those very small cabins are the "Nordic Empress" and the three "Sovereign"-class vessels. Do not worry about that cabin size on the "Explorer" - you should be fine!

Raoul Fiebig

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-22-2002, 09:23 AM

What is the size of the Grandeur inside and outside view cabins? Thanks

Happy Cruising,
MSEm
CONQUEST Feb 2003
Amsterdam Dec 2001
Norwegian Wind Dec 2002
Westerdam March 1999
Westerdam Mar 1999
Amsterdam Dec 2001
Norwegian Wind Dec 2002
Westerdam March 1999
Westerdam Mar 1999

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, caribbean, carnival, carriabean, cruise, head, luggage, rcl, room, rooms, royal, shower, size, small, storing