Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 PM

I just got home from a short cruise on the Monarch of the Seas. It seems embarking and disembarking at the Cape Canaveral Terminal is a painless experience. I was off the ship and in sitting in a Radisson Resort Shuttle within 15 minutes. I took the shuttle to check out their accommodations because it's the nearest hotel to the port and looked good on their website. I was impressed with everything I saw and would stay there on my next pre-cruise stay at Port Canaveral. It would be a great place for anyone that drives their own car to the port because they offer free secured parking if you stay there.

The ship is in excellent shape for her vintage. I found the food and service to be very good. It was spring break a there were a ton of collage kids on board. I thought it was going to be a loud and rowdy crowd, but it's wasn't too bad. They were well behaved as far as I could tell. The weather was chilly except for today. It was too windy for us to anchor and tender into Coco Cay, so we missed our chance to lay on a beach a burn our skin a little. I was impressed with the Diamond Event. It was the first time I attended it since the change from Diamond Members access into the Concierge Lounge. The Monarch had complimentary wine and champagne along with live music from 5pm to 8pm. All in all, it was a great get away.

Sonny
Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 PM

Welcome back, Sonny. I'm happy to hear you had fun on the Monarch. I thought she was in great shape, too, with unusually good food.

Did you do a 3 or 4 night?
Old 03-09-2010, 05:09 AM

Thanks, Sandy. I did the 3 night. I hear that there are twice a many collage kids on the current 4 night. My best friend and his wife are on the next two sailing. We went to the "Quest" Sunday night and I never saw such a wild show. Those collage kid WILL do anything for a key chain. It was really fun to watch.

Sonny
Old 03-09-2010, 06:13 AM

Welcome back Sonny Sorry the weather didn't cooperate with you, but there are always other things to do besides hanging out on the beach. Thank you so much for your report on the cape facilities. I'll put that in my log of recommendations.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:44 AM

Welcome back Sonny and thanks for the report on Monarch. We're looking forward to our B2B on her in July

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-09-2010, 09:35 AM

Hey Sonny, welcome back and thanks for the info. We only cruise during break times in April and have never encountered any real numbers of college age cruisers even once that I noticed. Perhaps they are up to the 3 or 4 based on timing and overall costs. Seems the weather has been a little issue for so many this year. Glad to hear you had a great time !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Sonny,

Happy to hear the Monarch is stil a nice ride.
I sailed on her when she was brand new...my very first cruise back in the early 90's...22 cruises laster and I'm still loving it....Give the Oasis a try....I was overwhelmed...now to give the Allure a try next year....Happy sailing...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
back, event, monarch, seas