Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 10:00 PM

Sure, I'd be glad to do that for you.

Sonny
Old 03-18-2010, 08:20 AM

I think you will find both cruise lines offer a similar product.We started off on Sitmar back in the 80's and have been cruising ever since. In the past 5 years we have been on Princess many times and really enjoy the Sun Princess as well as the Grand. They still have the best pizza on the seven seas and all there ships have fresh water pools.The only line we did not enjoy was Holland America and I think it might have been we were on the last leg of a 21 day cruise. I say try them all as they all have something to offer.Our next sailing...Celebrity Solstice
Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 AM

We have been told Carnival would be very similar to what we experienced on Royal if we went on 7 days or longer. Apparently Carnival's shorter cruises can more closely resemble a floating party. We have not tried Carnival but having got out of my comfort zone to try Princess I may just do it! Our friends just finished a 5 night on Carnival, we a bit repelled by the "fun" ship, but then figured they paid $79 per day to be there and sheepishly said they would do it again.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spoheat:
We have been told Carnival would be very similar to what we experienced on Royal if we went on 7 days or longer. Apparently Carnival's shorter cruises can more closely resemble a floating party.
You will find that Royal Caribbean short cruises will draw a different crowd also. If a 3/4 day cruise is only $300 it is more affordable for younger people, and those that normally wouldn't be able to cruise. Also, they don't have to take much time off work/college. You will get a different crowd on cheap, short cruises.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:41 PM

Let me toss in my two cents.

I've sailed RCL three times (twice on Explorer) and have two trips reserved for this year (Oasis in May and Explorer again in September).

I have sailed NCL and Carnival and bothtimes I was disappointed with the frood and food service. I've never been disappointed with RCL and if possible will only cruise with them from now on out.

Bill
Old 03-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I sailed on the Spirit last year to Alaska and didn't have any problems with the ship...I do prefer RCL....just got off the Oasis and that may spoiled me for another other ship now...but any ship is better than none at all....Have a great cruise....

Bob E
Old 03-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

If you are a stick in the mud and don't like seeing other passengers having fun and like to complain about everything then you won't be happy with Carnival or any other cruise line.

We were on the Crown Princess using the anytime dining. There was a snobbish couple sitting in the table next to us that was basically the long booth type seat along the way and small tables for two set along it so you couldn't help but be part of the conversation. All they did was complain about everything and how much greater Crystal was. Of course it had to be better look at the price difference.

Take the cruise and don't let others influence your attitude. When it is over you can decide for yourself. I haven't had a problem with any of the cruise lines. I just go with the flow and enjoy. Like they say if you have lemons make lemonade.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:13 AM

I don't have a lot of cruise experience-just returned from my 3rd one with Royal Caribbean and decided that next time I will try a different cruise line. I was disappointed in the entertainment on board-not professional at all. As a Crown and Anchor member I look forward to the special perks that I received last year. It was only my 2nd cruise but we received a gift each evening in our state room. This year we received nothing (budget cuts) except a coupon book which required us to spend more money on the ship to get the benefits which were basically nothing. Ex: 10% off one item in the gift shop, 10% off one spa service. The Spa runs specials all week that were better than what the coupon book offered. I will definitely consider another cruise line next time, because there are not any incentives for being a repeat customer on Royal Caribbean. If they don't compare, I'll be back to Royal.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Wow KLS. Even as a Diamond member I don't get gifts in my cabin every night. Nor would I expect it. No cruise line would be able to maintain that kind of generosity without making it up somewhere else. IE: higher cruise prices, higher drinks costs etc.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:25 PM

The only time you get gifts in your room every night is when you're on a Membership Cruise. Royal Caribbean has the best loyalty program of any cruise line. As a Diamond Plus Member I can enjoy perks I know I would never get on any other cruise line.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, customers, lines, loyal, minus