Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Just wander out into the Centrum or deck. There may be a waiter handing out food or a buffet going on. Or if you think you'll get hungry, stop by the Windjammer earlier and get a doggie bag.

As for me, I won't be ordering Room Service during those hours.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:18 PM

Dear Cruisehappy,

By the time we get into our rooms (yes usually after midnight), believe me there is always someone in the party - my kids usually who want their milk - growing teens) and I really do not know where else you would find milk at that time of the night). And of course, what is milk without the obligatory cookies. We have always tipped the staff that bring the goodies with US Cash (euros in Europe). Depending on the size of the order - usually $5. So this will be no different to us. I would not want to be the one scrounging the ship at that hour of the night to please the boys. Cheers.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:34 PM

Get it before midnight and put it on ice. It is not like they ration the food during the other hours. Just plan ahead.

We are in the hospitality industry so my guess is that the service was being abused so now they have to charge. It is a little price to pay for what you are getting. I've been on 11 cruises and I don't think I've ever gotten room service during those times, so it won't effect me.
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
my guess is that the service was being abused
I'm sure you've seen it on your past cruises...the untouched room service orders sitting on the floor because people ordered it and didn't eat it, or even worse, ordered it and then either didn't answer the door or left the cabin before the order arrived. It is a source of annoyance to me to see this waste, as well as seeing the room service attendants knocking repeatedly on cabin doors and not getting any response.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:54 PM

Another first for us--we ordered breakfast in our room last week. To my surprise the food was hot and every bit as good as it is in the dinning room. There was no charge because it was delivered at 8:30. We gave the waiter a $5 tip which is what we would probably give if we ordered a snack after midnight. I just don't understand why anyone would complain about the new charge.

Sonny
Old 10-19-2009, 11:01 AM

Or worse, Dave, they've passed out from drinking too much. It is not only a waste of food, but a waste of time and it has happened on every cruise I've been on.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
shocked to think that someone would change cruise lines because of a tiny 3.95 fee, come on the poor staff work all hours of the day and night the least you could do is give them that much in a tip anyway for the convenience of walking to your cabin in the middle of the night because you feel peckish!

Alot of people order room service because its free and because they can, it goes to waste and I agree with the 3.95 fee to be honest.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:35 PM

I don't think I've ever thought of room service on a cruise at that time of night, but I have walked up to the pizza place late at night in my socks after a few cocktails to get some late night pizza fix. I would have totally paid a few bucks to have it delivered.

Closed Thread

Tags
bag, caribbean, charging, cruise, doggie, line, midnight, pack, room, royal, service, windjammer