Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 08:59 PM

I like to book two cruises one after the other.
The first is with oasis of the seas no 12892 on 16.01.2010 and the other is a singles cruise on 23.01.2010 with crown princess the date of arrival of the first cruise.
As i am greek resident i cant book any of the cruises through usa travell agent.
How can this be happening?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:07 AM

Hi diamond, welcome to Cruise-Chat. You should be able to book your cruises through any travel agent in your country. If not, you could definitely be able to book through the cruise line itself. I don't know the Greek phone numbers for the cruise lines, but maybe someone on our board does. Best wishes!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 AM

Yes, you should be able to book online at the RC web site. If not, contact RC customer service.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Administrator

There are various rules in place which do not allow citizens of certain countries to book through north American travel agents or through north American websites. These can take the form of marketing agreements, government rules, and cruise line policies. Some cruise lines allow it, and some don't. My understanding is Costa has no problem with Europeans booking at U.S. agents, but Princess doesn't allow it. Not sure about Royal Caribbean, but I suspect they also restrict it.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Best to go through a local TA or call the cruise line directly.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:57 PM

Hi diamond, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

According to Royal Caribbean Reservations you should be able to book the Oasis part without any problem with a US Agency. Now, the Princess part is the problem. As Dave noted, this is because of agreements, rules, and policies that are currently in place. It is sort of a nutty thing from my point of view, but it is what it is.

If you are traveling with US or Canadian citizens, US Princess Agencies can book it as long as the bookings are cross referenced. I will forward the International Travel Agency email that Princess recommends via a Private Message just in case.

Again, I think it is a "nutty" rule and Welcome Aboard,

Dwayne
Old 11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Wow Dwayne, you did some research on this!

Princess often has odd rules. A while back I remember they treated people outside the U.S. differently for their loyalty program and they didn't get credit for some cruises, or something like that. I hate it when they have two sets of rules just because of where you live. It needs to be the same for all.

Closed Thread

Tags
agents, booking, cruise