Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 08:43 AM
If there is not one in your room request one from the steward....they have a few you can have if they are not already taken.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:02 AM

Refrigerators are generally used for those who have medicine that needs refrigeration. Also, used for babies formula.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:02 PM
This is true but MOS was the first ship I'd been on without a fridge in the room.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:16 PM

Yes, many of the newest ships have them in all cabins. The older ships did not. I would suspect one reason they all have them now is to stock them, and push on board sales.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Our first cruise on the Majesty was in 1993 and we had one of the Bridge Deck balcony cabins. It was quite exciting since balconies were still not that common. I remember one of the selling features for us was that those cabins had a refrigerator. My experience has been that most of them don't cool especially well.

Back then Royal Caribbean stocked them with airline bottles of liquor, a few beers, a couple bottles of wine, and the sodas/water. I don't know when they dropped the alcohol from the menu.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:08 PM
The one my daughter-in-law got...for my grandson's medicine did not cool well either...so they put it on ice in the ice bucket and put it in the fridge.
We have found that on RCI we can put our water bottles in on top of their drinks and keep ours cool enough to take into port the next day. Their prices are ridiculous.

Closed Thread

Tags
bucket, caribbean, cold, ice, keeping, medicine, royal