Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 06:18 PM

I've been following this forum for about a year but this post inspired me to finally register and post my first message. My wife and I have been on several RCCL cruises and have experienced all levels of service. However, the points that this post touches on seem to be based on individual expectations that are clearly covered in this forum and in RCCL's literature. I hope that future cruisers have an open mind when reading this post. Their mind will certainly be swayed when reading other reviews on the Freedom class of ships.

Midwest Cruiser

2001 Vision of the Seas
2002 Adventure of the Seas
2002 Explorer of the Seas
2003 Navigator of the Seas
2003 Serenade of the Seas
2004 Voyager of the Seas
2004 Adventure of the Seas
2005 Explorer of the Seas
2006 Brilliance of the Seas
2009 Liberty of the Seas
2009 Enchantment of the Seas
Jan 2010 Independence of the Seas
Oct 2010 Liberty of the Seas
Old 12-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Sonny, is the OP talking about the same Independence that we went on? You gotta be kidding me! After our cruise on the Indy, I've been dying to go back so bad, I'm going through withdrawal symptoms! My family had an absolutely wonderful time on the ship and were hard pressed to find a blemish in the service so bad that we would ever reconsider cruising on RCCL. Cruising, like any other experience, is what you make it. If you have a bad attitude, there's nothing that's going to make you happy.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, Midwest Cruiser.

And, thank you for becoming active here. I hope you will make more posts.

I often tell people to not look at any one review and take it as an absolute, including my own reviews. Reviews are anecdotal, subjective, driven by emotions, weather, etc. I might think the food was great but another person on the same cruise hated it. Who is to be believed? Is the person who liked the food someone with pedestrian tastes? Is the person who hated it a food snob? As you said, people need to look at all posts with open minds.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:02 PM

Hi Sonny- thanks for the welcome! I knew what you meant. Yes, you are right to remind me to consider the source. Followed you guys for some time here and finally decided to register. I love reading all of the reviews. I see you are leaving soon for a back to back on Mariner. I'm so envious. Someday....have a wonderful time. Say hi to Abe! Love that cruise director!!!! Oh and Captain Johnny too!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:

Is the person who hated it a food snob? As you said, people need to look at all posts with open minds.
But Dave its clearly untrue to call the food SLOP.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:23 AM

Let's Cruise - Captain Johnny won't be taking us on this cruise. Captain Per Kristoffersen will be will be taking us.

He is my favorite Captain.

Sonny
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM

Cruising is not for everyone. I know many "seasoned travelors" who did not like cruising. I also know people who do not like chocolate, seafood, tropical destinations, Ford trucks --- well you get the idea. Thanks for your honest and candid review. I am sure some will take is under advisement in their decision making. It is one voice among many others with differing opinions. Will I sail RCCL again after being on a Freedom class ship? In a heart beat. Am I sailing them this year--I am trying someone else as the price as right. But I will most likely be back.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi Spoheat, this guy has cruised 5 times so its not new to him!!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:26 AM

Well, I guess I'll give up on waiting for Easymark's response, as he seem to be long gone.

Too bad, as I was truly intereseted in why he was expecting so much more from his Indy cruise, in comparison with his previous cruises. Was RCI a step down cruise line from his others, or did they deliver a better product at a comparable price point? Could have been a lively discussion.

Or, were his expectations waaay too high and he was just blowing smoke in his post?

Looks like we'll never know.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Maybe he was never on the Independance, as the review is so off the wall, Id believe it!!

Merry Christmas from Ireland xx

Closed Thread

Tags
alot, cancel, cancelled, caribbean, christmas, cruise, eclipse, independence, mv, people, reliance, review, reviews, royal, seas