Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Where to store our luggage at Old San Juan? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/4895-where-store-our-luggage-old-san-juan.html)

lovelingling 09-25-2009 09:54 AM

We plan to walk around Old San Juan before leaving for airport. Where can we store our luggage and how much? Otherwise, we have to take a ship's tour.
Thank you.

penny3333 09-25-2009 10:46 AM

Check with your Travel Agent or Royal Caribbean, they may offer a luggage valet service. Also, when you arrive in San Juan, you might ask at the airport if they offer a luggage holding area. Best wishes!

Maurine 09-25-2009 10:48 AM

I really doubt airports will. I had looked into this when arriving in San Diego and the airport has gotten rid of all lockers. They don't want luggage left unattended (even in lockers) for security reasons.

You can also check at the San Juan port or maybe a shuttle company. Could you check in early at the airport and then go into town?

Maurine 09-25-2009 10:49 AM

Maybe if there are hotels nearby. Or maybe you can make friends with someone in San Juan.

lovelingling 09-25-2009 11:28 AM

I found it.
Barrachina Restaurant or Audio Guia.

peter l 09-26-2009 04:36 AM

If you are arriving a day early prior to ship departure (as we did this past spring) ask the hotel that you are staying at when you book it if you can store your carry on luggage that day prior to going to the airport. Checked luggage can be taken care of at the pier for your return flight. We had stayed in Old San Juan for two days and the hotel was more than happy to lock up our carry ons for the day while we enjoyed the area and a nice meal.

Peterl

lovelingling 09-28-2009 08:38 AM

Thanks for your reply.
Our airline US Airways does not offer luggage check-in at the pier. And we will not stay at San Juan for extra day. This is why we need to find a luggage storgae place before walking around if we do not book the ship's tour.

Maurine 09-28-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Our airline US Airways does not offer luggage check-in at the pier.
I meant at the airport--see if you can check-in your luggage early.

And separately, ask the San Juan port if they know of any place where you could leave your luggage while you go around the city.

What about a visitor's center in San Juan?

Maurine 09-28-2009 09:29 AM

I found this info:

Quote:

Well for all those with a long lay over looking to get out the airport, there is a luggage storage area where the AA check in is, next to the hair dressing salon. It cost $3.20US per bag. They give you a chit to collect upon return; it was that easy.

Quote:

I have found a Storage Area at the airport in Pto Rico, is in the second floor, behing AA eagle counters and next to a Beauty Saloon. They charge USA $ 5.35 and they are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

The lugagge carriers next to the lugagge belt can they you there from lugagge claim.

If I were you, I'd contact the airport to verify.

Cruise Fanatic 09-28-2009 09:41 AM

It doesn't make sense to pay a taxi to go out to the airport and then back into Old San Juan. Either book a cruise excursion where the luggage will be on the bus with you. Or use Barrachina. Here . There are two Barrachina's. You want the one in Old San Juan on Calle Fortaleza street. They have free storage from 9AM-5PM. They also have free wireless internet and great Pina Coladas.