Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 AM

When we go to resorts we bring thermal cups with us. You can keep the soda colder longer and not have to go back for refills as much. If we get a soda card can we use your own cup?
Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 11:51 AM

First of all, you get a very nice thermal mug free when you purchase a soda card. Yes, you can use another cup if you want to because they check for your soda sticker when you ask for refills. Every week they issue a different colored sticker that they put on your seapass card. They'll even give you a regular plastic cup from the bar or Windjammer if you forget to bring your mug.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:12 PM

The RCCL thermal cups are far superior to any cup I have received on another line. They hold more than Carnival's cup and have a virtually leak free screw-on top for a secure fit.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Administrator

But if you show up at a bar with a cup larger than the cruise line provides don't expect it to be filled. In other words, the bar isn't going to fill a 32 ounce mug just because you have the soda stamp. Each portion provided is controlled, whether in the souvenir cup from RCI or in a standard bar glass if you don't use the souvenir cup.

My advice is to leave the personal cups at home and just use the one you get when you purchase the soda stamp if you must have an insulated cup in your grasp. My son never uses his souvenir cup and just goes with bar glasses of soda when he wants one. In fact I recently ordered the soda package for him on-line, which is a new option with RCI. That way we don't have to wait in a line on embarkation day to buy it. His card will be pre-printed with the stamp and his cup will be waiting in our cabin.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:08 PM

The only kick I have about folks using thermal cups is if they use a self serve machine in the WJ and their cup hasn't been washed. Folks need to use some common sense. I've seen lots of folks drinking out of their cups and then using one of these machines.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Administrator

On my last two RCI cruises - June and August of last year - they had placed signs on the self-serve drink areas saying that personal cups were not allowed...you had to use cups/glasses provided at the drink stations in the racks.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 PM

Tex, That is a very good point! Some people don't stop and think. That is exactly how germs get spread. I am very conscious of these things. Someone once said on here I was like Monk.

I am glad to hear they have signs there as Dave said.

Dwayne
Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Tex, That is a very good point! Some people don't stop and think. That is exactly how germs get spread. I am very conscious of these things. Someone once said on here I was like Monk.

I am glad to hear they have signs there as Dave said.

Dwayne
Problem is, some can't (or don't) read the signs

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 AM

You're so right TexCruise, it amazes me even when there are pictures, people either ignore them or can't understand them. Germs are spread so easily that way, and the cruise lines put cups and glasses right next to the machines.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 AM

We are quickly devolving this thread into what I call the "I paid for this cruise and I will do what I want" syndrome. The original question has been answered sufficiently. Let us not digress into a situation where we attack cruisers who are content in thumbing their noses at the rules.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, caribbean, carnival, celebrity, cruise, cruises, cup, cups, drink, line, mug, picture, princess, royal, souvenir, special, thermal