Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Has anyone taken advantage of the new My time dining option to future cruises. It seems like a good idea for couples who don't want to have to sit with tablemates and have the ability to eat at any time. I just wonder how smooth it goes while on the ship? Anyone experience it or have advice?
Old 05-16-2009, 01:40 PM

I forgot to mention that I will be going on the adventure of the seas (8/16) and I'm thinking of adding this option.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:43 AM

Hi BMR and welcome. We were on the Adventure in mid April and had a wonderful cruise out of San Juan. It is a great ship and it pretty good condition. Any time dining was available when we cruised but did not take advantage of it this time around. The regular schedule fit our itinery and excursions so we kept it. Those that tried it did enjoy it and had no complatints that I heard. We also had great tablemates which was a consideration not to go that way. Either way, you will have a great cruise on this ship.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 AM

Hi BMR, we are very pleased with the Anytime option. You can opt to share a table or not. We've never had any problems being seated at 6-6:30, 7-8 is when it gets really busy. If a table is not available when you go down, they will give you a pager and you can go to a lounge or walk around the ship, until a table is ready. It's like a restaurant and normally the wait time is no more than 20 minutes during the rush. We like it because we don't have to rush to get ready for dinner, we can eat when we want, we get to meet more people on board (we share a table), we get to meet more of the staff on board, and we don't feel as rushed to finish on time. The drawbacks are, you don't get to know your tablemates as well, the wait staff doesn't know your likes/dislikes (you can however request the same waiter/table), and they don't do the Baked Alaska parade. It's the same food as the main diningroom. We personally love the choice, hope y'all enjoy it.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:55 PM

My husband and I just got back from Monarch of the seas and rccl selected my time dining for us for our cruise. We were not very happy with this option when it was issued to us upon our arrival but found it to be quite nice. They ask that you call the dining room for reservations each day or make reservations when you leave the first night for the next night. We called the first day for 6:15 dining reservations and then when we found that we enjoyed the other 4 people at our table we all requested to be seated with each other the following nights at 6pm which they were happy to accomodate us with. Our waiter and assistant waiter remembered our names after we told them the first time and knew as as soon as we entered the dining room the following nights which gave us the same warmth which we have experienced our prior cruise. This option was actually very nice and we would choose this in the future because you still have the option to select another time on any evening that you have plans that would cause you to select an earlier or later dining time. One couple in our group could not get there the second night for 6pm but was back the 3rd night. It was great. Give it a try. It really isn't a bother at all, if anything will allow you more flexibility and if you find yourself at a table with a couple that you are not comfortable you can choose another time or another table the following night.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, couple, cruis, cruise, dining, eating, good, husband, idea, people, request, royal, sit, time, times, waiter