Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2004, 01:07 PM

Hi everyone,

My family might be sailing on Mariner, Brilliance, or Jewel of the Seas for Christmas, 2005. Currently on the RCI website, for a
10-day Caribbean cruise, it costs around $2000 a person. Does anyone know if there's a secret on how to get a better deal? I know the cruise will be expensive no matter what, but is there any way we could save some money? Hope someone can help me out...thanks!

Samantha
Old 11-07-2004, 01:07 PM

Hi everyone,

My family might be sailing on Mariner, Brilliance, or Jewel of the Seas for Christmas, 2005. Currently on the RCI website, for a
10-day Caribbean cruise, it costs around $2000 a person. Does anyone know if there's a secret on how to get a better deal? I know the cruise will be expensive no matter what, but is there any way we could save some money? Hope someone can help me out...thanks!

Samantha
Old 11-13-2004, 08:21 PM

I hate to be the messenger with bad news, but the cruise lines know they are going to be full during Christmas and rarely discount their sailings. If you do not have space booked by now, it is probably hopeless.

Sadly,

Tom
Old 11-14-2004, 09:40 AM

We have only sailed during Christmas one time. If it is possible for your group to go another time I would recommend that you consider it. We found the ship to be full to capacity--all third and forth berths full--and very crowded. Also many of the shops in the ports were closed for the holidays. Of all of the cruises we have been on, this was the least favorite.

That having been said, you will find the ship very nicely decorated and the Christmas season very much in evidence on your cruise.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:46 AM
Banned

On a Carnival cruise our waiter was telling us how crowded the dining room gets on the holiday cruises. He said that the ship is to capacity and every table has extra chairs that makes getting thru the aisles very difficult. Booths also have chairs at the end of them. He also mentioned that the passengers get very upset because the service is slower and complain more because they feel that the service is bad and TIPS tend to be less because of this.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the information everyone!

I had no idea how crowded it would get if you went on a cruise during Christmas. Is it like that for Thanksgiving also? Problem is, is that my family wants to go on a 10 or 11-day Caribbean cruise, and none are offered in the summer with Royal Caribbean. Again, thanks for the useful info!

Samantha

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, christmas, cruise, cruises, cruising, good, idea, lines, reviews