Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 11:57 AM

My wife and I are cruisin over the July 4th weekend. The booking was a "spur of the moment" thing! Myt question is what would be the best time to inquire about a cabin upgrade? Does it matter if I inquire before we leave or when I get onboard?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Administrator

RCI isn't very big on upgrades once aboard. Actually they aren't big on upgrades of any sort most often. I am talking about real upgrades where you are moved from inside to outside, or from a standard to a balcony. Most of what people call upgrades are just moves to the same type of cabin on a higher deck. In any event, you should check prior to boarding.

By the way, your tickers are a bit of a mess. It looks like you are using HTML code for the top one and that won't work here. It needs to be BB code.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:55 PM

Dave's right about RCCL's upgrading - about the only way you'll upgrade is if you pay the difference. I had an inside cabin on my back to back cruise in February and was hoping to get an upgrade to an outside cabin. It didn't happen and I had 49 cruise with them. However, I have been upgrade a few times on other cruises, so anything is possible.

Sonny
Old 06-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Dave/Sonny
Thanks for the info.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
arrive, cabin, cabins, caribbean, carnival, carribbean, carribean, cruise, easy, royal, standard, stateroom, time, type, upgrade, upgrades, verses