Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2005, 11:57 AM

I'm sure this has been answered before so I did use the search tool, but not quite the answer I was looking for. I was told I could buy the RCCL transfers (from Orlando airport) to Port Canaveral but I just contacted ICRUISE (which by the way has anyone ever used them? I bought from them b/c they provided a free bottle of wine every night of the cruise-I just hope it's good wine, not the bottom of the barrel!) But they told me since my cruise is less than 3 weeks away, I can no longer purchase the transfers in advance, I'll have to buy them at the airport. Does anyone know if I can buy them the day before the cruise b/c that's when I fly in? If not, where in the airport will I go the next morning, and what time?
All of your help is very much appreciated-thanks so much!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:57 AM

I'm sure this has been answered before so I did use the search tool, but not quite the answer I was looking for. I was told I could buy the RCCL transfers (from Orlando airport) to Port Canaveral but I just contacted ICRUISE (which by the way has anyone ever used them? I bought from them b/c they provided a free bottle of wine every night of the cruise-I just hope it's good wine, not the bottom of the barrel!) But they told me since my cruise is less than 3 weeks away, I can no longer purchase the transfers in advance, I'll have to buy them at the airport. Does anyone know if I can buy them the day before the cruise b/c that's when I fly in? If not, where in the airport will I go the next morning, and what time?
All of your help is very much appreciated-thanks so much!
Old 01-27-2005, 01:07 PM

Hello again, I just have to vent to you all about this. I just spoke with a RCCL agent and they informed me that because I took a flight the day BEFORE my cruise, then they can't provide me with a shuttle to the port. How in the world does that make sense!! I'm trying to be safe and secure by going the day before, and I get penalized by being denied access to a transfer! How does that make sense! What if I was from out of the country and I surely had to fly in a couple of days before hand? Craziness if you ask me!
Old 01-27-2005, 02:11 PM

I flew into Orlando and stayed in one of the airport hotels and was simply going to take a taxi to the port. Because the Mariner was late returning (medical emergency) I decided to take the RCI shuttle from the airport to the port instead. I simply took the hotel's shuttle back to the airport and inquired where the RCI Mariner rep was. I was able to purchase transfers right on the spot and have them billed to my on board account. There was no hassle whatsoever.

Tom
Old 01-27-2005, 02:14 PM

It might be a good idea to call RCCL again and speak to a different reservation agent. I have usually been able to purchase transfers from them up to about 2 weeks prior to departure, no matter when I was flying in. If that won't work, try Mears Transportation. They have shuttles to Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:20 PM

An RCI rep. told me I could purchase the transfer there @ at the airport and would cost $50 roundtrip.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:37 AM

quote:
Hello again, I just have to vent to you all about this. I just spoke with a RCCL agent and they informed me that because I took a flight the day BEFORE my cruise, then they can't provide me with a shuttle to the port. How in the world does that make sense!! I'm trying to be safe and secure by going the day before, and I get penalized by being denied access to a transfer! How does that make sense! What if I was from out of the country and I surely had to fly in a couple of days before hand? Craziness if you ask me!

The same thing basically happened to me yesterday. We were planning on picking up the RCI bus at the McDonalds on International Drive near Disney but then the hotel told me that RCI has a shuttle that picks up right at the hotel we are staying at. So I called RCI back and asked how we could get onto that shuttle. I was told I could NOT ride that shuttle because we did not make our hotel reservation thru the cruise line, we made it on our own using FF miles. WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT?? They are coming to the hotel, there is room on the shuttle but they won't let us on. GRRRR! Furthermore, are required to purchase round trip transfers on the other bus (at $45 a person) even tho we are booked on a post-cruise tour of Nasa which includes transfer back to the airport which means really I am paying for the same transfer twice.

So no I am thinking of renting a private car service. Does anyone know of a good one?

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, mariner, port, royal, seas, shuttle, transfer