Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 08:50 AM

We're going on our first RC cruise with kids (southern carribean) - when out and about at the ports of call and enjoying the beaches, what are some good options for grabbing lunch, especially if my kid is a picky eater? Is it possible to grab some food items from the ship and pack a cooler or lunch bag to take with? Are there places near the beaches to lunch? Also, we are thinking of doing the MAgens Bay and Aquatic World excursion - has anyone done this and how much time do we get at both the beach and the Aquarium? Is it worth it? Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:14 AM

You won't be able to carry any food off or onto the ship. I always eat on the ship unless I'm on an all day excursion. There's all a place a person can food and drink. because I know it good food. When you mention the Aquatic World excursion are your referring to Coral World? If so, you may want to consider going to Coki Beach instead of Magens Bay because Coke Beach is right next to Coral World. I would suggest taking a taxi there - you'll probably save some money rather than booking a tour. Check out Coral World hours and prices HERE

Sonny
Old 02-18-2010, 10:33 AM

Thanks for that Post Sonny, I think that will be a combo that we will consider on our own the next time we are on St.Thomas.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 AM
I agree with Sonny completely. There are a few good places to eat right at Coki beach. They look scary, but are really pretty good. They have everything from salads to french fries and burgers. You can rent snorkels and book scuba or snuba right at the beach. You might be disappointed if you go to Coral World. It's fairly pricey and while the underwater viewing station is neat, you'll see the same view if you snorkel at Coki beach. The big advantage to a Coral world ticket, is that they have a clean bathroom. Leave yourself a healthy hour ro get back to the ship.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Closed Thread

Tags
bags, bay, caribbean, checking, coral, dining, excursion, lunch, magen, magens, megans, rccl, review, royal, taxi, world