Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2004, 10:56 PM

Hello,

In the past I have done the Eastern and Western Caribbean in March and April and had very good weather. I am considering booking a southern sometime in the early fall. Does anyone know what the weather tends to be like. I've noticed the prices are cheaper around that time?
Thanks
Dee
Old 07-13-2004, 10:56 PM

Hello,

In the past I have done the Eastern and Western Caribbean in March and April and had very good weather. I am considering booking a southern sometime in the early fall. Does anyone know what the weather tends to be like. I've noticed the prices are cheaper around that time?
Thanks
Dee
Old 07-14-2004, 02:46 AM

As soon as school is back in session, prices drop dramatically. Weather in the southern Caribean is usually quite wonderful in the fall. Early fall is still within the hurricane season, so you always run a risk. However, hurricanes can be tracked so far in advance that cruise ships will divert the ship and alter the itinerary if necessary, but I have never known a cruise ship to get caught in a hurricane. I wouldn't let it stop me for a second.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-14-2004, 02:51 AM

Hello,

early fall is Hurricane season in the Caribbean. While it is extremely unlikely that you would end up in a Hurricane, your intended itinerary might be changed as a result of a Hurricane. Also, temperatures are sometimes very high and it is often very humid in the Caribbean during the summer and early fall months. Not my cup of tea.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-15-2004, 08:27 AM

I love warm temperatures and sun, so traveling in the fall to the southern Caribbean is my cup of tea. Never been affected by a hurricane yet.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:40 AM

Raoul makes a good point. If you are not a sun person, the late summer/fall season in the Caribbean can be uncomfortable. On the other hand, if you love it hot, it is a great time to take advantage of the pricing that always seems to be available after school starts up. I have cruised in the Caribbean almost every fall for the last 15 years and never had a problem.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:29 PM

EnjoyLife,

I also love warm temperatures and sun, but not incredibly hot temperatures and high humidity. On a cruise I took in August, 2001 the temperature was almost always above 40C (100F) with humidity being above 90%. When I got out of the air-conditioned indoor areas with my camera, it took half-an-hour before I was able to use the camera as it was heavily steamed-up. I love the winter season in the Caribbean, however.

Of course Tom brings up a very good point: I'm sure he would feel terrible where I live as our summers are colder and wetter than many of his Southern Californian winters. On the other hand, I thought early Summer in Southern California was very hot from my perspective.

By the way, this year's summer doesn't deserve the name. We've been having rain and chilly temperatures (by North German standards) for six weeks now.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-02-2004, 12:54 PM

I love going to the Carib in May. Beautiful weather, good prices and hardly any kids.
A TA told me the cheapest time to cruise is the 1st 2 wks of December, and the 1st 2 wks of January.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, early, fall, weather