Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 PM

Hi Folks ... we are leaving in 23 days on our first cruise.. we are going on Majesty of the Seas (May 14 - 17, 2010)... I am wondering about the sea passess??? Are they like hotel cards that let you into your rooms... do they have our pictures on them? What happes if you misplace the card? Can anyone use the card to charge items to your room? A little nervous ... about the cash system.... Thanks in advance for your replies.... Christine and Ken
Old 04-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Yes, you are correct, the card also lets you into your room. Your room number isn't on the card so if you misplace it no one can get into your room with out going to 2000 or so cabins. Can someone use it and get drinks etc before you report it....I don't know that one but I would think the Cruise LIne would work with you, you do have to sign and I would think they could check signatures, I have never had a problem and its nice not to have to worry about carrying cash

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 04-22-2010, 05:32 AM

How exciting to be anticipating your first cruise!

The SeaPass card does not have your picture on it that you can see. However, when you get on the ship for the first time, you will pass through a Security check-point. They will put your SeaPass card into a machine and take your picture. That information is then encoded onto your card, such that every time the card is put into that scanner, like getting off and on the ship at the port stops, your picture comes up on the screen the Security folks are looking at.

The SeaPass card is your room key, your charge card, and your boarding pass. It also has on it your dining room seating and table.

Ships work on a "cash-less" system. Everything you buy onboard from shore excursions to drinks at the bar, you present your SeaPass card just like it's a credit card. At the end of the cruise, a bill will be slipped under your door, outlining all the charges you've made on the cruise. If you agree with everything, you don't have to do anything; the charges automatically are sent along to your credit card number that you presented when you checked in for the cruise. If you disagree with any charges, or if you prefer paying the bill in cash, you can go to the Purser's Desk and take care of it there.

And after you get home, the SeaPass card makes a great scrapbook souvenir of your cruise. It also makes an even better tool for removing burned on food from pots and pans! Seriously!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:47 AM

Thank you for your reply....we are getting very excited to be taking our first cruise... we are just stomped now as to which excursion to take....
Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 AM

thanks also for that info..good questions..im also going on my first cruiseon may 3-7th on the majesty
Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 PM

If you should happen to lose your Sea Pass Card, you can get a new one at the Guest Relations Desk - it only takes a minute to get a new card. Once a new card is issued the old card is canceled out and can't be used.

Sonny
Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
If you should happen to lose your Sea Pass Card, you can get a new one at the Guest Relations Desk - it only takes a minute to get a new card. Once a new card is issued the old card is canceled out and can't be used.

Sonny
Yes, this is true, as this happened to me on my last cruise. I locked myself out of my room, and had to go to guest relations to get a new card, which they were very helpful in doing. I was prepared to show a photo ID, but they said they had my photo in their computer system.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 PM

Also, the Majesty is a great ship, despite being one of the oldest ships in their fleet. My first cruise was also on the Majesty, and loved it, and I'm sure you will as well.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 04-30-2010, 12:47 PM

we r going on our 1st cruise on independance of the sea,s in sept for our 25th wedding anniversery i sooo can,t wait my question is we are boarding in southampton england i will be paying cash up front for my seapass as i don,t have credit cards but not sure of which currency to pay us dollar,s sterling or euro i have e-mailed royal carribean but they haven,t got back to me in 3 week,s please if anyone know,s i would be very grateful thx

Closed Thread

Tags
bill, card, caribbean, carribean, carry, credit, cruise, lose, majesty, pass, passcard, royal, sea, seapass, seas