Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 02:29 PM

What nights have which meals on Adventure (southern Caribbean on 4/10)? We want to be able to book a special dinner, but donít want to miss any good meals.
Golden Princess - March 2003
Disney Magic - October 1998
Old 12-28-2004, 02:29 PM

What nights have which meals on Adventure (southern Caribbean on 4/10)? We want to be able to book a special dinner, but donít want to miss any good meals.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:08 PM

The two main meals you do not want to miss in the main dining rom are the two formal nights. The first formal night will definitey be on Monday (St. Thomas day) and then the last one will most likely be Friday (Barbados), but there is a possibility that the second formal night would be Thursday. If you avoid those three nights you will be fine. Of course, when you get onboard there will be a cruise highlights info sheet in your stateroom and it will specify which nights are formal, semi-formal and casual along with the special events scheduled for each night.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-29-2004, 05:40 PM

We would be OK with skipping the lobster/seafood night since neither of us like seafood. Do you know when that is? Also, if they have any kind of strange "Italian" night like they had on Princess (rabbit, seafood...), we would be OK skipping that too.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:11 AM

The lobster/shrimp combo is usually served on the second formal night. However, they also serve a nice beef selection on lobster night. There are no "strange Italian fare" meals. Actually the pastas on board RC I found quite good and I am a pretty basic meat and potatoes gal.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-31-2004, 08:15 AM

Oops, I forgot to mention that my experience has been that whatever night is the Country and Western theme night is the best meal to skip. It always seems to offer the weakest and less desirable meal of the cruise (at least to my liking).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-31-2004, 08:22 AM

Oh god... Maybe Ill reserve my table to the Portofino's on that day!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the info Nancy! We are also meat and potatoes people. What do they serve at the Country and Western night, since it would sound like something we like (steaks...)?

Thanks!
Heather
Old 01-01-2005, 07:55 AM

Yes, they do offer a steak but it was not a quality cut of meat as our most of the other beef choices during the week. (Actually you can order steak every night as an always available alternative choice). I should mention that in speaking with the hotel manager, the menus are under revision and what may have been true on my cruise, may not be the menu they will be using when you cruise. They always post the menus for the day outside the dining room in the morning. You can always check it out and make your decision about where to dine based on the selections for the day.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, caribbean, carribean, dinner, lobster, night, nights, princess, seas, southern, theme, western