Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2004, 11:52 PM

I am going on an 11 night cruise in January. I have never been on a cruise longer than 7 before. I seem to remember hearing or reading somewhere that on cruises longer than 1 week, it is customary to tip twice. Once at the end of week one, and again at the end of the cruise. Is this true/Proper? also, if this IS expected, I was thinking of trying Tom and Mary's advance tipping idea this time around. Would that be better?

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 11-05-2004, 11:52 PM

I am going on an 11 night cruise in January. I have never been on a cruise longer than 7 before. I seem to remember hearing or reading somewhere that on cruises longer than 1 week, it is customary to tip twice. Once at the end of week one, and again at the end of the cruise. Is this true/Proper? also, if this IS expected, I was thinking of trying Tom and Mary's advance tipping idea this time around. Would that be better?

Too Long!

Old 11-06-2004, 07:46 AM

You will only be required to tip at the end of the cruise. You will love the longer cruise as it gives you so much more time to relax. It seems to take a few days for everyone to get into "cruise mode" and on a seven day cruise it seems like it is time to get off the ship right when eeryone is having a great time.

I always tip early in the cruise, especially the bartenders I am going to patronize, room steward and whoever delivers room service and it always pays off in fuller glasses, special favors from the room steward (like constant ice to keep a bottle of wine cold) and responsive room srvice.

When I hear people complain about lousy room service, my first question is if they tipped the server or not. Try giving an excellent tip and they will be fighting to see who gets to serve you the next time.

Also, if you need any favors from the Maitre d', nothing can make things happen faster than a $20 bill.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 11-06-2004, 10:10 PM

Thank you so much, Tom. I love that you got back so quickly!

Thanks

Too Long!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, protocal, protocol, tip, tipping