Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 PM

Thank You to Everyone on this site I have learned so much and will continue to participate..but now to the goods

So I leave in 3 days anything you think I should know or be aware of pls inform me as I
am so Nervously Excited!!

Any Do's or DOnt's for rookies like me ?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:43 PM

Probably the most important thing is DON'T BE LATE back to the ship. You are required to be on board 30 minutes before sailing. They WILL NOT WAIT for you if you are late. Keep your watch on "ship time", and not "local time" if there is a difference between the 2, which I don't think there is if I'm remembering correctly.

The only exception to waiting is if you are on an excursion that you booked through the cruise line that for whatever reason is late getting back to the ship.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 04-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Look around the buffet when you first go there on embarkation day. Many people get tunnel vision and think the first line they see is it. When you look around you'll see other stations open. Also look up above you in the Windjammer. They have food up there too!

Don't ignore the main dining room. I like to have breakfast there. Quieter, good service, and it really doesn't take as much time as you'd think.

Bolero's is a fun nightclub. Get a Mojito or my favorite, the Caipirinha.

The Majesty Of The Seas was the first Royal Caribbean ship I cruised on, back in 1993. We had a great cruise then, and the ship still delivers a fine product.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:22 PM

@MCPAYNE...yes thats one of my nervous tabs

But im sure that Ill remind my self not too stray away too far from the port.

@Dave..LOl thanks because I read alot of reviews on majesty and everyone talks about
the Windjammer how nice it is but the congestion that come along with it.. I will look up 1st!!!

Yes I soo want to go to the dining room but Im just not too sure about having to invade other folks dinner to eat in the diner.

Do they offer requested seating as if we want to sit alone?

I will visit Bolero's I have to have at least one night of all out party time
Old 04-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Administrator

You either selected an assigned seating time for dinner or My Time Dining. My Time Dining will work for private dining requests. Assigned seating won't. You are assigned a table with other passengers. You aren't invading other folks dinner. Assigned seating is a high point for many of us experienced cruisers. You get to meet and befriend people and it is a fun time for dinner. Some of the most pleasant memories of my cruises have revolved around the dining room and our table mates.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 PM

Thanks Dave yes We did Get assigned time. Well youre right Im just they shy type but Were all there to have a great time so it should work out Great!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:34 PM
DO have a Grand Time....DON'T think about anything but having that Grand Time. And DO book another cruise....Happy Sailing....

Bob E
Old 05-01-2010, 12:38 PM

Bon Voyage! Relax and have a wonderful time. You will find that all the pre-cruise things you worried about suddenly disappear when you board the ship.

Nadine
Old 05-02-2010, 08:43 PM

Well Thank You All!! As I am all packed up and ready to Go!!! This is soo exciting I will check in when I return..

Hopefully this 1st will not be my last cruise!!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Bon Voyage

Closed Thread

Tags
book, caribbean, cruise, cruises, cruising, donts, dos, forum, lastminutecruises, majesty, minute, reviews, royal, seas, tips