Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   adventure of seas 7 -21 -02 (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/5313-adventure-seas-7-21-02-a.html)

cal s 07-13-2002 10:52 PM

my first cruise i would really like to talk to someone that is going with us

cal s 07-13-2002 10:52 PM

my first cruise i would really like to talk to someone that is going with us

tired of RCI 07-17-2002 06:18 PM

Expect a prison ship. The boat is so security conscious that even a passenger feels that they are being spied upon. Also, if you are not a US citizen they seize your passport - a communist act. The food is terrible, either hard as a rock or no taste. Room service cannot get your order right. The fine dining room - dinner time is okay. Excursions are overpriced and over booked. Ex. 250 people for a snorkeling expedition - you see schools of people not fish! Also, if you prefer to stay on board while in port, there is nothing to do, everything is closed!

Try to have some fun, enjoy the time you spend with your loved one.

cal s 07-17-2002 09:39 PM

prison ship oh nooooooooo hope you are kidding?

NancyN 07-19-2002 07:34 AM

Cal S, Not to worry - The ship is absolutely beautiful and lots of fun! I will not be sailing on 7/21, but have sailed this ship and itinerary in the spring - The food was very good, security was in place, but not invasive, there are so many options of things to do you will certainly not be bored. I do agree with the last post that the shore excursions from the ship are overpriced and can be crowded. All of the same activities can be booked on your own when you get off the ship at each port. St. Lucia was by far my favorite island on this itinerary. Have fun!

Karen Knowlton 07-19-2002 11:47 AM

Agreeing with Nancy - a cruise, like all vacations, is what you make of it. Overlook the small inconveniences for what they are and enjoy the fun things to do, new (or renewed) ports to visit, etc. Have a great time, Cal S!

Karen - Travel by Design

cherith 07-19-2002 05:59 PM

There was a post earlier about the cruise line 'siezing' your passport. At first I had a difficult time with this as it says right on your passport to never give it to anyone else. However, the reason that they do this benefits everyone.
Since the ports are international, when the ship docks, Passport officers are handed the passports of all the non-us Citizens on board. All passengers are then PRE-cleared, saving us ALL a huge hassle in the middle of our vacation.
Knowing THAT makes it much easier to take.
Hope that adds some insight

jano 07-20-2002 08:29 AM

I have cruised this ship.. I found it to be everything one wanted in cruising..I never felt crowded or hassled. The only problem with shore excursions is that the local companies run them and that can be a little messy at times..but, if you go ashore with a great attitude it will work out..I loved our veranda room, our room service was perfect...each and everytime...breakfast was delivered hot and quickly and accurately. All in all would cruise Royal each trip...go and have fun...as to the passport ...I have cruised Greek lines and traveled the world..and even hotels will hold your passports...this is not a big deal..Royal handles that according to law....just be sure you get up to Johnny Rockets diner for a milkshake and hamburger.....bon voyage... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]