Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 06:41 AM

Husband and I made our FINAL payment for our land (Universal Studio's) and cruise yesterday (Freedom of the Seas).
Next step is to try to find excursions...We are going to CocoCay, Charlotte Amalie and Philipsburg...ANY help would be great.. My husband made several comments about swimming with Dolphins but I do not see that.
The jet skis (spelling) looks somewhat intresting. Any one do Kayak adventure?Parasailing looks intresting but husband may not like it..Heights thing.

Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Depending on your cruise they do have a dolphin tour when you are in St. Thomas. The thing is that the tour is on Tortola in the British Virgin Islands - which is nearby. Actually they show two tours, one being 5 hours and the other being 5 and 1/2 hours, but they both appear to be the same basic tour...mostly traveling by boat and going through Immigration twice (British and then American), and 30 minutes in the water with the dolphins. Not worth the hassle in my opinion. Plus, since it is a closed loop cruise and passports aren't required, they ARE required to do that tour since you are entering another country by means other than the cruise ship.

If a person has even a little bit of acrophobia I would advise them to not do the parasailing.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:07 PM

Hi Candice R, if you'll look a little further down on our main page, you'll see the Caribbean Port Chat section. You can use your "find" feature in the upper left hand corner, type in your ports, and it will pull up all the posts made about them.

Coco Cay is their private island, it's a great beach day, bar-b-que and snorkeling, plus water toys. I agree with Dave about the dolphins, although Tortola is a beautiful island, you're spending most of your time traveling. That could be enjoyable too. I recommend going to St. John and then to Trunk Bay. It's one of the top 10 beaches in the world. We did a great snorkel excursion in St. Maarten to the Tikihut. The web site was something like snorkelstmaarten can't remember. We did it through the ship, but I don't remember if the contracted with RCI. We were on Celebrity, so it's possible RCI offers the same excursion.

Anyway, take a stroll through the Caribbean section, there are tons of posts there. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 PM

penny3333 and Dave Thanks for your help..Sounds like dolphin's would be more of a "hassle"

Penny3333 I may be a little slow is St. John in Charlotte Amalie or Philipsburg? I admit right now I am more excited about physically being on Freedom than going to islands..I have really paid any attention to island "stuff"...I am a little lost (well a whole lot lost) when it comes to different parts of island(s).
I can now start to research Islands and what they offer, Now that it's closer to sail date and that I can now do excurisions..
Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Administrator

St. John is a separate island within the USVI, very close to St. Thomas. Actually so is Tortola, in the BVI. All three islands are next to each other in a distance sense. It is quite popular to board a ferry or excursion from St. Thomas to St. John. St. John is much different. Less populated, more rustic, and definitely quieter. I much prefer St. John to any other Virgin Island.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruies, cruise, excurisions, excursion, excursions, excusions, freddom, freedom, maarten, reviews, royal, seas, st