Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 01:27 PM

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a rant from someone who was late to a Port Canaveral check-in with Royal and had to fly to Nassau to catch the ship. It was their birthday and they didn't get a cake, something like that. However, they were really mad because they weren't allowed to board even though they were only a "few" minutes late.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:46 PM
OK thanks everyone....I looked into changing the flights and as of right now it's no dice. We are going with carry on luggage only so that will save at least 1/2 hours. Of course everything depends on the flight, landing on time (12:55pm) and no later than 2:00pm. I'll let you know the outcome. On our last cruise we did arrive a day early and will do that again when the Oasis Cruise comes up in 2010. This cruse was a last minute deal and things just got rushed. Thanks again.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator

That's OK, 417rogers. It's easy to forget that it's not always possible to book the flight dates/times we want. I am relieved to hear that you are using carry-ons only. That will save a lot of time. Be armed with the information mentioned above (thank you, Penny, for adding the cruise line's #), just in case.

Is this a non-stop flight? If not, I can give you some tips for connections.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:57 PM

Good luck! One thing in your favor is that the ride from the airport to the Port of Miami is only 45 minutes with normal traffic.

Sonny
Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Lisa,
Yes it is a non-stop flight, Northwest Airlines. If our plane takes off on time then I will be instant vacation mode the second we lift off...fingers crossed..'Yes...flight attendant I will have another" lol.... At the very worst I'm getting out of Detroit for the weekend...on the ship or a long weekend in Miami :-).
Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 AM

Another possibility, since you have carry-on luggage, is to get to the airport an hour earlier and try to stand by on the 9am flight. I don't recall if NW lets you onto an earlier flight as a standby for no cost. Some airlines do, some charge at the airport.

Sandy
Old 06-25-2009, 12:01 PM

We're all pulling for you! Like you said, Miami beats Detroit any day
Old 08-04-2009, 05:34 AM
We made it! Got back home yesterday. Everything worked out fine. We landed only ten min late (1:06 pm). One of our parties did use checked luggage so I was a little stressed prior to taking off. Upon landing I was very happy to see how small Fort Lauderdale airport actually was. We used "Larry Limo's" for transportation. Sal, our driver, called my cell when we were still on the plane on the runway. Hopped right into a nice Chrysler 300 with air conditioning cranked. Quick drive to Miami (think only 25 mins). Excellent transportation company. Port check in was a breeze. We ate at Windjammer right away as someone had not eaten all day (me). Lounging by the pool drinking Long Islands shortly after 3:30pm. Whew! Thanks again for everyone's input. As with our first cruise I think in the future (Oasis 2010) arriving the day before would be so much more stress free. Dodged a bullet! BTW...the entire crusie was excellent and I was very surprise on how nice Majesty of the Seas actually was.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:51 AM

Great the things went as good as they did, one question. Was the cruise director Ricky Matthews? He's our favorite so far.

Bill
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 AM

FANTASTIC! It's always wonderful when it works out. I am glad to hear it sounded like a successful cruise all the way around and that you will soon be boarding another ship! I love to know there are other addicts out there Thank you so much for letting us know, we were all pulling for you!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, matthews, ricky, royal