Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 02:34 PM

np yes pls do let us know/ I mean to me I would suggest just include soft drinks in package.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 AM

Did you have the package? And if so, how did the soda taste?

Dwayne
Old 05-11-2010, 08:01 AM

no i didnt for one the price is sort of outrageous to me . and 2nd im not big on soda so water tea and lemonaid worked for me.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 AM

I don't get this. Husband and I did a land/Sea package with Disney 2 years ago. We did land 1st. I purchased a travel mug at hotel was expensive (about $20 including tax) but you can get FREE refills. I brought mug on ship and ship did have a place where you could get free soda, lemonade and coffee. Can't remember if it was 24 hrs. They did offer cups. I did not see anyone else doing what I did..Nothing was ever said to me (as in to stop). I thought this concept was great. Of course didn't worry about mug during dinner. My memory must be shot cause I don't remember what I did during lunch. I know I did not use it a couple times during lunch.
I think Disney does change image on mug every year. Why can't ship do something like that? Sell the mugs for a set price and have a drink section(fountain)just for mug users and for people with stamps..Not really sure how that would work..Or just include soda/coffee etc in price of cruise

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't get this.
That is what RCI is going to do - put fountains on their ships for use only by those who buy the soda package.

Soda is a revenue generator and if they included it the cost of the cruise would have to increase. Not everyone wants to pay more for their cruise just to get soda included. It used to be that way though, with pretty much all the cruise lines including soft drinks.

You paid for it with your Disney cruise fare. I just looked at 4 night cruises in November. Carnival starts at $184 per person, followed by Royal Caribbean at $199, NCL at $259, and Disney at $499 - 2 or more times as expensive as the others.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 AM

OK..I see..I was a little SLOW on getting that.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-11-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
quote:
I don't get this.
That is what RCI is going to do - put fountains on their ships for use only by those who buy the soda package.

Soda is a revenue generator and if they included it the cost of the cruise would have to increase. Not everyone wants to pay more for their cruise just to get soda included. It used to be that way though, with pretty much all the cruise lines including soft drinks.

You paid for it with your Disney cruise fare. I just looked at 4 night cruises in November. Carnival starts at $184 per person, followed by Royal Caribbean at $199, NCL at $259, and Disney at $499 - 2 or more times as expensive as the others.

Wow thats a big jump in price jus for soda included lol
Old 08-01-2010, 06:58 AM

Just thought I would throw in my two cents on this. We have been on 26 cruises and my wife likes her diet coke. We have brought our own on the ship and we have purchased on ship as well. I think soda dispensers would be a good idea. Here is why: first soda would be available at all times. My wife requires a soda first thing in the morning. Most times a bar is not open until 9:00am and we are leaving the ship before then. This is why we bring our own. Second I managed a restaurant for a while and the mark up on fountain soda is unbelievable. Trust me they would not put this program in play if they don't believe they can make money. My vote is yes.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:15 AM

We always buy the soda card but we hate lugging (and keeping up with) the mug, especially at the pool. They are big and clunky. I can see these mugs being a prime item to steal. You would have to have a Designated Mug Keeper. We will still purchase the soda card but will still go to bar staff when out by the pool. Plus, who wants to wash and clean them several times a day? You would only benefit from this out by the pool deck and this would be the place where it's hardes to keep up with them.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:31 AM

My husband drinks a lot of Diet Coke and gets the soda package. So it is of value to those that drink 4 or more cokes a day. He never uses the mug. It gets placed in our cabin the whole cruise. The bars have simply used a regular glass. I feel the mugs are just a gimmick to make you think you are getting something of value with your package, plus a souvenir. I wish they would offer a discount for those that don't want the mug. I have way to many of them cluttering my cupboard and end up giving them away.

Closed Thread

Tags
card, caribbean, carribean, coke, cost, dispenser, fountain, freedom, package, packages, plan, pricing, royal, seas, soda