Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 06:00 PM

Ok guys/Gals I have found a RCCL cruise its a 4 night bahamas cruise going to (from Miami) to Nassau,Bahamas, Cococay,Bahamas, Key West...On Majesty Of the Seas(Have heard that that boat wasnt that good??? any truth to that) the price is $174 then I will have to get air to. But what do yall think about this cruise for x-mas and about the boat. I can only compare it to the Enchantment, and Carnivals Freedom,Valor..Thanks ahead of time everyone for the help.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:38 PM

Hi, Dalton.

Well, contrary to what you have heard, I loved this ship! I was on it in 2007 for this exact itinerary. As far as size, as I have been on the Enchantment as well, I think as far as passenger capacity it's about the same. I know the Majesty as well as the Enchantment both went under renovation a few years ago. What you have heard could have just been a bad review from one person, but I wouldn't let that stop you. Yes, the Majesty is one of RCI's older ships, but I wouldn't let that worry you.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:44 PM

OK...so it would still be a good for x-mas?? Yeah I usually try not and listen to many people on it that really has been on alot of them. So it just as nice as the Enchantment?? Never been to any of the ports of call besides Key West.. I think they are a few people on here that dont really like the Bahamas...but i am going to check it out for my self maybee I hope. Thanks again
Old 11-23-2009, 06:56 PM

We have sailed on Majesty four times. However, it has been well over a year since we have been on her. We were scheduled on a B2B this last July but due to a family illness we had to cancel. She's a great ship with a wonderful cruise. A couple of years ago, she had a 42 million dollar refurbishment so, she's in great shape. The crew was so friendly and helpful. We thought the food was great. Enjoy!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 11-23-2009, 07:20 PM

The Enchantment is much better than the Majesty in my opinion. The Majesty and the Monarch are Sovereign Class Ships which are the oldest in the fleet. Keep that in mind if you are comparing ships. The Navigator out of Miami on Dec 14th is $299 for a 5 night cruise to Cozumel, Belize City, and two days at sea. You would love the Navigator...a big step-up from the Enchantment.

Just some food for thought.

Sonny

Old 11-23-2009, 07:43 PM

The Majesty in my opinion should be fine for a Christmas cruise. However, as mentioned, it is one of the oldest ships in the fleet, but it has been renovated I think within the last 5 years.

It really is a personal preference when it comes to the ports of call. If you go through with this, here are some suggestions.

In Nassau, try to go over to the Atlantis resort. It should be more than about $4 USD or so for a cab from the cruise port to Atlantis. Aside from that, it really depends on what you want to do. Me personally, I enjoy snorkeling and parasailing, which I think you can do at any of your ports of call. I did snorkeling in CocoCay and parasailing in Key West.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-23-2009, 08:17 PM

Both ships are sailing on the same date out of the same port. The Majesty is a 4 night cruise, and the Navigator is a 5 night cruise. It would be worth it to me to have an extra day and a much better ship for the $125 difference in price.

Sonny

Old 11-24-2009, 09:01 AM

Just be careful in Nassau. They're having a crime wave there.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:01 AM

Dalton, just book it I agree with Sonny, I'd rather have the extra day, especially since you are going to have to fly down anyway. Might as well enjoy one more day. Belize is great for snorkeling. Cozumel is great for just about anything. However, if the $125/difference is too much, then either one of the ships would be fine for Christmas. There's no better way to celebrate, in my opinion
Old 11-24-2009, 05:34 PM

Sonny makes a great point. The Navigator is a great ship with much more to do! Which ever you choose, have a wonderful time.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
key, parasailing, west