Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Or... I'm also wondering if this means that the suites were all sold out, but there's still 38 days left before sailing - I can't imagine that they're all booked.
Why is that hard to imagine? It is quite common for the suites to be sold out several weeks or months prior to a cruise. I suspect that is the case here.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:54 PM

Thanks for that info, Dave. I'm learning all the time!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Sure is a confusing business.
It sure can be.

I actually like this policy better in some ways than CCL's Early Saver. At least the deposit is refundable up until penalty.

Dwayne
Old 09-23-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I just went on to the RCI website to check the current JS price of our upcoming Grandeur cruise on 10/31. All the suite prices are now indicating "Not Available Online. Please call for Availability".
Johnboy, it's common for cruise lines' online sites NOT to show "last cabin availability." It's possible that all that means is that they are down to their last couple of JS rooms, and they don't want to show them online for some reason. I suspect it has more to do with availability than with price. If this is so, the cruise line would have no reason to drop prices on a category that's almost sold out.

It's typical for the least expensive and most expensive cabins to get sold out first, with more availability in the middle categories as you approach sailing date.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:49 AM

I always thought that there were a group of seasoned travelers who would just lurk in the background until the last minute and then book cruises after prices were reduced.

Also believed that cruise lines would start reducing prices at around the 60-day mark, after final payments were paid.

I guess I never realized that cruises would be sold out so far in the future.

Gee, I've been a newbie for a long time
Old 09-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Prices don't always get lower as the cruise approaches. They can increase if the particular cruise is selling well.

A few months ago RCI's management said they were willing to let cruises sail at lower capacities rather than discount the few remaining cabins.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:10 PM

Umm- they are erratic with all their policies though- no sooner had they stated that, than we got a Med Cruise for $398 for 9 days because of poor sales..
Check your prices frequently, they fluctuate. If you notice a price drop call pronto. Scroll to the bottom of the page to make sure there is not a disclaimer that says * for new reservations only. They have 'sales' every Tuesday too so keep looking..
Old 09-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Administrator

The bottom line is the price you agreed to pay at booking time is the one you need to expect to pay come final payment time. People who book a cruise with an expectation that the price will drop and they'll get more savings are not being realistic.

Closed Thread

Tags
adjusted, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, credit, cruise, date, drop, final, onboard, payment, price, prices, rccl, reduction, royal