Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 06:55 AM

If the price of the cruise goes down after the final payment is made, will Royal Caribbean give a credit or refund? Thanks in advance for help.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 09-20-2009, 07:42 AM

Blotter, yes, Royal Caribbean is one of the cruise lines that will adjust your price, even after final payment is made. Depending on how close you are to sailing, they'll issue a refund or onboard credit. Just have your travel agent give them a call. Do it soon, before the price goes up again!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:51 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I've already had my price adjusted once, but have been holding off on paying the rest of the cruise in hopes the price will drop again. I would be ok with onboard credit to help with those beer bills my husband and friend's husband is going to run up.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:11 PM

Thanks Sandy for the info. Price has not come down yet, but one can always hope!! It will be a fabulous vacation at any price!! I just love cruising!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 05:23 PM

RCCL has just altered their policy- see the 'Best Price Guarantee' segment on their website. After final payment has been made they will still honor a price drop, but will refund only by giving an OBC. Before final payment it's unchanged, you can get a direct refund.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:56 AM

Sandy, are you saying that after final payment has been made,a person can get an OBC in the case of a subsequent price reduction, but it's not automatic? If I understand your post, you need to contact your TA and have her ask RCI for it?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Look at the RCI Best Price Guarantee
Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Administrator

johnboy,

The bottom line is that you or your agent needs to find the new lower price, and your agent needs to request the new fare. Nothing is automatic about it.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:34 AM

johnboy, the cruise lines never tell the travel agent or the passengers that their price has gone down. That has to be determined by the agent or passenger, and then a refund or onboard credit has to be requested.

In some cases, there are conditions to the lower price, like it's available only for new bookings. If that's the case, your fare is not eligible for reduction.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 PM

I just went on to the RCI website to check the current JS price of our upcoming Grandeur cruise on 10/31. All the suite prices are now indicating "Not Available Online. Please call for Availability".

Does this mean that there has been a price reduction and RCI is not advertising current pricing? Even if they're not published online, I would think that the TAs have to know the price? Would they normally let me know if the price was reduced?

Or... I'm also wondering if this means that the suites were all sold out, but there's still 38 days left before sailing - I can't imagine that they're all booked.

Sure is a confusing business.

Closed Thread

Tags
adjusted, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, credit, cruise, date, drop, final, onboard, payment, price, prices, rccl, reduction, royal