Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2002, 02:29 PM

My girl scouts (age 11 and 12) want to take a cruise in 2003 and were thinking about the RCI 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. Would this be the best for them or would you recommend another? By the way, the Disney cruise is WAY to pricy for us. Also, what would be the best route to book this cruise (travel agent or internet)
Old 07-23-2002, 02:29 PM

My girl scouts (age 11 and 12) want to take a cruise in 2003 and were thinking about the RCI 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. Would this be the best for them or would you recommend another? By the way, the Disney cruise is WAY to pricy for us. Also, what would be the best route to book this cruise (travel agent or internet)
Old 07-23-2002, 02:54 PM

Sallie, by all means book through a travel agent! There are many complications booking a group, and an agent can keep things sorted out better; also advise you of any requirements and benefits of the group!
Karen
Old 07-25-2002, 11:54 AM

Karen is right- go through a travel agent. We are trained to handle groups effectively 'cause it can be a nightmare!

RCL is my favourite cruise line and I love them dearly, but Carnival may be your best bet- they have better children's programmes.

You will have to make sure you have chaperones all over the place. I would get parents convinced to go before you even start planning!

Good luck!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:09 AM

Oh yes, see a Travel Agent! And I also agree that Carnival just might be a good choice for the girls, because the "kids program" is great! and the price may be 'softer'. However, make sure you check ALL the "out of the country" requirements for taking children out of the country. There are some pretty strict rules about it, and you may have some hurdles. Check with your travel agent, they will know the details. For example- one parent can NOT vacation in the Bahamas without a Notarized Letter from the other parent giving permission for the child to leave the country. This also applies to grandparents. Also, have everyone get their passports NOW.... the price goes up soon! And getting their passports and the history of immigration could be a great task for the girls, maybe even a badge!
Maureen
Old 08-06-2002, 07:01 PM

Do use a Travel Agent. I know you weren't thinking of taking a 7 night cruise. However;if you can go for 7 nights I would recommend that you go on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas or Voyager of the Seas. I took a group of 38 people ranging in age from 18 months to 70 years old on the Explorer of the Seas. We had kids of all ages and every age group enjoyed the programs they had for them. These ships also have many things for kids that other ships don't have such as: ice skating,sports court including basketball, volleyball, etc. Also, a rock climbing wall. Everyone of the kids say that it the best vacation they ever had and all want to go again!
Old 08-10-2002, 09:48 PM

There are a number of lines who will not accept minors without someone at least 25 yrs old sharing a cabin. That is a lot of chaperones. While the kids cannot get off the ship and into trouble, most ships have a number of singles and you need to watch the hormone ridden girls to keep them from the clutches of the single men. Believe me, I know, having taken a teen on a cruise. And we had 3 adults looking after her. Cruise ships are full of bedrooms way too easy to lure young girls into. I am not sure I would take a group like this. You did not say how old they are. Whatever happened to camp??? Alternatively, I had an easier time keeping track of my daughter on a small ship where, in a short time, everyone knew everyone else and kept an eye out for the young ones. However, these tend to be more expensive.

Closed Thread

Tags
bolger, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, disney, gilrl, girl, girlscouts, line, lines, scout, scouts, ships, tours