Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Black jeans would fill the bill...I was just on the Oasis and there were jeans, shorts, etc on all the nights in the main dining room....Only a handful really dressed up.....The world of cruising has evolved to just doing what you want....Happy cruising to us all...

Bob E
Old 03-23-2010, 08:50 AM

Steve and I still enjoy dressing for dinner. We only get to do this on an ocassional basis when we are at home. I miss the days of everyone getting dressed up; but I guess the times are changing.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 03-23-2010, 01:58 PM

I agree 100% with Sonny and blotter. Rules should be followed or don't have the rules. Our family also enjoys dressing up on the cruise, it's something we don't get to do very often.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM

I've been on over 50 Royal Caribbean cruises and never saw anyone allowed to wear shorts and flip-flops (with the exception of the 1st and last night) in the main dining rooms during the evening meal. It would be darn right desecrating if they would ever allow it.

Sonny
Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM

It has been our experience that the shorter 3-4 day cruises seem to be more lax in the evenings than on longer cruises. On our last cruise on Oasis, I never saw shorts or flip flops in the dining room. I thought folks really looked pretty sharp....especially on formal night. It's really a very small, small amount of folks that may show up in shorts and I have only seen shorts a few times in my 16 RCI cruises.

We dress on formal nights most of the time. If not, we go to the Jammer or to chops or Portofinos. On other nights slacks and polo or dress shirts....but hey, that's just us.
Jeans don't bother me but I'm from Texas

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-24-2010, 05:30 AM

I agree, there needs to be enforcement of a dress code, especially after the initial evening upon departure. Otherwise, one should avail themselves of the many choices that are welcoming to NO DRESS CODE !

Peterl

Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 AM

On one of our Princess cruises, people were turned away at the door for jeans. However, there was a cross dresser on board in his tutu and silk top with ballet slippers and socks every night in the dining room. I don't know why they didn't make him wear a formal gown on formal nights, but they didn't.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:23 AM

Now Penny, that really funny but I agree with you; LOL.

Peterl

Old 03-26-2010, 04:22 AM
people have some miguided notion that once they write the check they can do and wear whatever they want.
Honestly, I don't understand the difficulty. You wouldn't wear your tux for a day at the beach. Why do you need to wear your flip flops and shorts to dinner?
I do understand that some people don't enjoy formal, but there are other options!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 03-26-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
However, there was a cross dresser on board in his tutu and silk top with ballet slippers and socks every night in the dining room. I don't know why they didn't make him wear a formal gown on formal nights, but they didn't.
Was his name Corporal Klinger?

Closed Thread

Tags
ballet, black, chilly, code, cruise, dining, dress, formal, freedom, main, night, rccl, room, seas, ship, slippers