Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately courtesy and promptness need to be taught in kindergarden and expecting it of a diverse group of adults is just probably too much.
I didn't go to kindergarten, but I'm still courteous and try to be prompt!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:02 PM
__________________________________________________ ___
Princess has the muster down and I don't understand why other lines don't do it. You muster in a lounge or a public area. You carry your life vest with you. Only after you are instructed to do so, do you put them on. Then you take your life vests back to your cabin. Those that come late, usually end up standing. Those that go early, have seats[quote]
__________________________________________________ _____
NCL handles the lifeboat drill in exactly the same fashion. There is a minimum of discomfort and displacement and its always comfy!!

BillyBuzzy

Montserrat Villas
Old 09-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Administrator

The Princess method always impressed me. When you are cool and comfortable you are more apt to listen to the presentation.

It is oftentimes bad to do things the same way year after year just because "we've always done it that way". The "line-up on deck" style of drill is an example. I wonder if the lines which continue to do the drill the old fashioned way have ever done studies to see how effective it is from a knowledge retention aspect? I have to tell you, I really don't pay attention at them. I know how to don a life jacket. I know the routine. Granted, the crew doesn't know me or my experience. So I stand there sweating, in a life jacket that probably hasn't been cleaned in a while, just staring ahead at some distant point while trying to breath normally. RCI actually makes it worse by "taking this opportunity to review our Save The Waves policy with our guests". I swear they once even mentioned bingo while we were standing there playing sardines.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:40 PM

The last time we did an outside muster drill (Freedom) I almost passed out in the Miami heat. We stood packed together for ages waiting for all the stragglers to show up and once the numbers were correct they dismissed us- no information was given, other than to assemble at your Muster station in an Emergency. When we sailed Princess they had us in an air conditioned lounge and went through the drill- I paid a lot more attention to them; the information they needed to tell was the same, but the environment was much more conducive to listening..
Old 09-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
When we sailed Princess they had us in an air conditioned lounge and went through the drill- I paid a lot more attention to them; the information they needed to tell was the same, but the environment was much more conducive to listening.
Certainly sounds it. I think RCI needs to review Princess' muster drill routine.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:22 PM

What's also annoying is that after you stand there and listen to the instructions and think they're wrapping it up, you have to hear it in 3 other languages!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Royal Caribbean now has your Muster Station on y our Seapass..
Old 09-14-2009, 06:01 PM

I think it's been that way. When I went on my cruise on the Majesty in 2007 they had the muster station printed on the SeaPass.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 09-18-2009, 09:44 AM

I just returned from a Royal Carribbean cruise; it was announced that it was not required that you wear life jacket to practice drill
Old 09-18-2009, 10:18 AM

Interesting! Were there life jackets in your cabin, or did they say they're available at the muster stations?

What ship were you on? I hope you had a great time!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, drill, enchantment, freedom, handle, jackets, life, munster, muster, mustering, rcl, royal, seas, ship, wear