Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 AM

Hi Nica,
We set sail June 29th. It is just a 4 day cruise this time, but God willing it won't be our last. I love cruising. From the looks of it you do too. "Happy Sailing" on the 20th of July.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-16-2009, 06:09 AM

Thank you Michael. You and Dave have been a lot of help. One more question: I have decided to put most all in checked luggage, so I won't have anything to declare except medicine. Should I bag it and lay it in dish for inspection? Sorry to be such a worry wart.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:55 AM

Only liquids need to be bagged and put through xray separately. However; if you put your medicines all in one bag and lay it in the dish it could save you from getting delayed. Certain items can look suspicious in your carry-on. I have been stopped for a roll of nickels, my curling iron, my travel sized hot curlers kit, and a cylinder shaped thermos that was my free gift from Carnival.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 AM

I think they've gotten a little better, but they made me throw away some lipstick, saline solution, and some perfume because it was purse. Now, I just bag up everything and plop it in the tray.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:45 PM

I agree with Cruise Fanatic. While it's not required, having your meds in a baggie may expedite your screening process. Although I admit I usually don't. They're usually in an outside pocket in either a duffel bag or carry on size suitcase.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 06-18-2009, 06:48 AM

Thank you Penny. Everyone has been so helpful, and I appreciate it. I'm nervous, because I have heard several people say they took their stuff and threw it away. It's a little maddening. They say on the one hand to pack a survival carry on in case luggage gets lost, and then nothing is allowed in the carry on that you need such as make up and bath essentials. My husband and I both have medicine. Do I put both medicine bags in one carry on? They say just one bag per carry on. So, I guess he will have to have a carry on whether he wants one or not.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:01 AM

I know what you mean ajmaniac, that's why we try to drive to the port when we can. Both my hubby and I have meds we have to take daily or we'd have undesirable consequences. The time is ticking down for you, I'm so excited for y'all!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ajmaniac:
Do I put both medicine bags in one carry on? They say just one bag per carry on. So, I guess he will have to have a carry on whether he wants one or not.
I'm a little confused by the phrasing of your question, but let me see if I can clear it up. For liquids that you are going to carry on, the general rule is 3-1-1. 3 ounce containers, 1 quart sized ziplock bag, 1 ziplock bag per passenger.

As far as carry on bags in general, you are allowed one carry on bag, plus one personal item per passenger. The personal item must fit underneath the seat in front of you, as the overhead bin space is needed for carry on suitcases, garment bags, etc.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Closed Thread

Tags
5596, caribbean, carryon, cruise, formal, itinerary, luggage, majesty, night, nights, royal, seas, semi