Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 11:57 AM

My wife and I our cruiseing on the Grandeur what the best dinning time we're use to eating around 6pm but hear the 1st dinning time is more for families(kids)is this ture?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:57 AM

My wife and I our cruiseing on the Grandeur what the best dinning time we're use to eating around 6pm but hear the 1st dinning time is more for families(kids)is this ture?
Old 12-07-2004, 06:13 AM
Banned

The cruise lines recommend families to dine at the earlier seating because kids are usually ready for bed at the later hour. Make your reservation for the earlier one. It is always easier to change to the later than vice versa.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:53 PM

Yes, there will be more children dining at main seating, but depending on the time of year and the itinerary, it may not be an issue.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-16-2004, 04:21 AM

I was on Grandeur a year ago to the date. Children in the dining room were never an issue. You will notice them if you dine in the Windjammer for supper, which sometimes looked like Chuck-E-Cheese’s during a Saturday afternoon birthday party.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:31 PM

I've been on six cruises, and have been a minor on each, so my parents have always chosen the earlier seating. And yes, there have always been a lot of families that have done the same thing, however, it never seemed to take away from anyone's dining experience. I think that your itenerary/"shore-tours" should be tken into account more so than whether or not children will be dining during your seating. Early seating sometimes can cause you to either really have to rush off an island to get ready for dinner, or cause you to miss yor seating all together. I have noticed on occasion though that late-seating people sometimes get the shaft when it comes to entertainment. Occasionally shows will only be held during late seating, and other various festivities around the ship may be missed. Your seating preference should really depend on what you want out of your cruise. If you want to see the ports fully, and spend all day out, then I"d go for late seating. However, if you are more into the entertainment, activities, etc... then you may want to consider early seating. Good luck, and have a great cruise!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:15 AM

Thanks for the information seems like the late dinning will work best for us.JK
Old 12-26-2004, 08:11 AM

On most of the Royal Caribbean ships, many nights will feature a pre-dinner show for late seating dinner guests that generally starts at 7:30 and ends in time for dinner at 8:30 pm This makes for a nice evening.

Tom
Old 12-26-2004, 06:00 PM

Personally I prefer late seating, because I am not rushed returning from ports, and late seating seems to always offer a more leisurely paced meal.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread