Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   2 shore excursions at one stop? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/5670-2-shore-excursions-one-stop.html)

BarbH 08-31-2009 08:53 AM

We are now able to book our excursions for our upcoming cruise (and will only be booking them thru RC). My question isn't really about the excursions themselves, but more so about time frames and scheduling.

At Grand Cayman, is it possible to do 2 excursions in one stop?
We are thinking of doing the Stingray City Swim and Snorkel - start time 8:45 a.m. for 2 1/2 hours, and also the Nautilus Undersea Tour and Reef Snorkel - start time 12:45 p.m. for 1 hr 45 min.

If it's possible to do both of these, will we need to go back to the ship to catch the transportation to the next excursion after the first one?

Any thoughts or idea's on this?
Thanks!!

Cruise Fanatic 08-31-2009 09:04 AM

Your have 1 1/2 hours in between tours. So yes, it's possible, barring there's no delays on the first one of flat tire, accident, or traffic jams. Perhaps you could book the first one, then wait until you get on the ship to book the second one, after talking with the shore excursion desk about the times.

msharmanshaw 08-31-2009 12:14 PM

Obviously do your research but we did this easily on one of our previous cruises with time to grab ice cream and eat lunch in between. The Nautilus docked a quick 5-10 min away from the Sting Ray City Tour pickup location. We also got VERY lucky and had only 5 other guests with us on Nautilus for the entire excursion. Both were fantastic tours and we were completely exhausted by the days end. Don't forget your waterproof camera!!

<edit to remove garbled quote>

penny3333 08-31-2009 12:19 PM

Yes, it is very doable, as long as nothing breaks down. However, even if something did go awry, they are probably in contact with each other. Especially, if you're booking through the ship.

MCPayne 09-01-2009 03:46 PM

Barb

The pickup locations for your excursions will be listed on your tickets if you book through the cruise line. Tickets will be delivered to your stateroom the night before you arrive in port.

You have 1.5 hours during excursions, which should be fine. I have 2 excursions with a 45 minute connection time, so I'm planning on bringing a change of clothes and changing near the tender area at Grand Cayman. According to Dave there are facilities near there to change.

Stingray City I hear is the "don't miss" type of attraction at Grand Cayman, and that's one of my excursions that I plan to do.

Maurine 09-02-2009 06:54 AM

In St. Thomas I did three excursions. I had snorkeling in the morning, then back on the ship for lunch. After lunch I went to the Butterfly Farm and the Sky Ride. After that I had just a little time to check out a few shops before back on the ship.

In Labadee, I had a tour in the a.m., then snorkeling, lunch, and zip line.

RC suggests you have an hour in between excursions. So it is doable.