Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2004, 04:45 PM

We are planning to book on the Adventure of the Seas. Can you tell me the best places to visit and excursions to the following locations:
Aruba
Curacao
Phillipsburg, st.maarten

Thanks
Old 11-11-2004, 04:45 PM

We are planning to book on the Adventure of the Seas. Can you tell me the best places to visit and excursions to the following locations:
Aruba
Curacao
Phillipsburg, st.maarten

Thanks
Old 11-12-2004, 12:37 PM

Joarc,
Since I will be visiting Aruba for the first time in just a few weeks, I too was interested in getting information. I posted a question and there is now a thread on the topic in the Port of Call section. I will also provide a complete report when I return mid-December.

As for St. Martin and Curacao - both are known for their power shoppping opportunities and beaches. While in St. Martin, don't miss the opportunity to spend some time at Orient Beach. It is great!!! If you are not into the beach scene, you might want to visit the Butterfly Farm while there. It is not "my cup of tea" but many people I have spoken with have found it quite enjoyable.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-12-2004, 12:50 PM

Thank you Nancy. I love the beach, the history of the country, and a little shopping to top-it all off is great. I appreciate everyone's perspective that comes from previous experience, and it's helped me in the past to get the most out of our vacation. This site helped me decide on my excursions on past cruises, and I look forward to our next adventure.

I would appreciate your feedback when you return from Aruba, thanks!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:40 PM

Joarc.....what kind of activities are you interested in? Are you a bus trip person, or an adventure-seeking outdoorsy type?

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 11-13-2004, 05:01 AM

"adventure-seeking outdoorsy type" would best describe us, and I may now be re-thinking our trip. We've been to the Eastern and Western Caribbean, and I just read a couple of not very pleasing reviews about Aruba (I was shocked to read that, I thought that Aruba would be one of the best places in the Caribbean). But maybe it's time to visit Alaska; have you been?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2004, 07:03 AM

Alaska would offer you unlimited opportunities to get into the outdoors. Each port offers hikes of various lengths and difficulty and there is an abundance of ocean and other "outdoorsy" opportunities, as well.

I think you would love it.

Tom
Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 AM

I have not been to alaska. I live in cleveland, where the weather sucks for 6 months of the year. I tend to vacation in warm places!

Regarding aruba....It is one of my favorite islands. I cannot WAIT to return in january! I highly recommend the "notorius quad racer" tour (I booked thru shoretrips.com) at the Rancho Notorius. You get your own 4 wheeler, and the tour groups are quite small. (my group consisted of my wife, and 2 people we cruised with.....4 people on the whole tour! )

Also....carlos and charlies. Enough said.

Too Long!

Click here for my website

Closed Thread

Tags
2002, adventure, advice, caribbean, cruise, location, philipsburg, review, royal, seas