Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Administrator

As I said, have you googled "waterproof passport case"? That got me a lot of hits for places selling them.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:55 AM

Thanks Dave....you're incredibly helpful. Has anyone ever told you that?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 PM

As a fellow Canadian there is no reason to have your passport in any place but your room safe. Have been on 9 cruises and my passport stayed in the safe on all cruises but one and that was Carnival where they kept all passenger passports. Asking for trouble if you lose it and try to explain to customs leaving the ship or to get back into Canada. Off ship my DH and I take our ship card and driver's license in a holder from CAA that goes around your neck.

Cate M.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:50 PM

Thanks catiemor! I basically just wanted to have something to put it in in the case that I did have to bring it with me.

I still might get something for 10-15 bucks just in case - I've got a travel agent and Royal Caribbean saying to bring it and/or be prepared to bring it.

Incredibly frustrating that this kind of stuff isn't clear and that there are so many posts about it.

Thanks again!
Old 05-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Administrator

I'm not trying to brag, but it is common for experienced cruisers to know more about things than the people who answer the phone at the cruise line - and this goes for all of them, not just RCI. The running joke is if you want the correct answer from a cruise line, call them several times and pick the answer you get most often.

There are people working for the cruise lines who have never been on a cruise.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:04 PM

Lyn Anne, take a look a THIS. I think it might be what you're looking for.

Sonny
Old 05-09-2009, 02:22 PM

Sonny, thank you very much.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:53 PM

PLEASE be careful with those waterproof containers. I went snorkeling 2 years a go with a woman that had everything in one- sea pass, credit card, drivers, and money (not sure she had her passport) it opened while under water and lost EVERYTHING.

THis is my ifrst time traveling with a passport but last time hubby did and he never took it off the ship. I've heard and maybe someone can confirm that in an emergency you can go to the US embassy and they can pull up your Passport info on computer in minutes if you just have the number. I'm doing the photocopy thing.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 05-09-2009, 08:09 PM

The photo copy idea is a good one. There's really no need to take your passport out of your cabin safe until it's time to go home. All you should ever need when you're at port is your sea pass card and a photo ID.

Sonny
Old 05-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I've heard and maybe someone can confirm that in an emergency you can go to the US embassy and they can pull up your Passport info on computer in minutes if you just have the number. I'm doing the photocopy thing.
Thanks Shelby, that is what I asked about. I didn't want to lock my passport in the safe on the ship, and then not be able fly from the port if I missed the ship or something. On the last cruise I had a close call on Roatan.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
cards, carribbean, case, cases, container, containers, cruise, lines, pass, passport, port, proof, royal, water, waterproof, watertight