Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 01:14 PM

TexCruise, I see you're booked on the Allure for Jan 16th. I'm about to book the Allure for Feb. 13th...I found a good price for a Central Park Balcony ($999.00). So now I'll probably cancel my January cruise on the Mariner and go on the Allure instead. You'll have to tell us about your Allure cruise when you return so I can take some advice with me. I was invited to the two night pre- inaugural cruise on the Allure, but I'm already booked for the same sailing date which is 29th of November on the Navigator. If my Daughter and her husband weren't going with us I probably would have canceled the Navigator to do the pre-innaugural.

Sonny
Old 10-17-2010, 10:05 AM

Sonny and his wife, Esther with my husband and I.

My husband and daughter goofing around in St. Thomas!

A cabana in Labadee.

Labadee, Haiti.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 AM

Nice pics; I haven't been to Labadee in a while; will have to book an RCI cruise soon to see the changes.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-18-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
TexCruise, I see you're booked on the Allure for Jan 16th. I'm about to book the Allure for Feb. 13th...I found a good price for a Central Park Balcony ($999.00). So now I'll probably cancel my January cruise on the Mariner and go on the Allure instead. You'll have to tell us about your Allure cruise when you return so I can take some advice with me. I was invited to the two night pre- inaugural cruise on the Allure, but I'm already booked for the same sailing date which is 29th of November on the Navigator. If my Daughter and her husband weren't going with us I probably would have canceled the Navigator to do the pre-innaugural.

Sonny
Will do Sonny....we're really looking forward to the Allure!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 PM

Great pics Tanya and glad to hear you guys had a great time. The Liberty was the first cruise we took our daughter on and she loved it. The Liberty will always be special for that reason. It looks like they have really changed and added some spiffy new stuff to Labadee, how pricey are the cabanaa?

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi Bruce, the cabana price ranges from $150 to $200. We were a big group of 12 people, so we had 2 for $150 each. The one that costed more, looks bigger and closer to water or has more of the private. Each cabana can hold up to six people, and came with a cooler with ice, 3 large bottled waters (although some people said they got 6 bottles), and floating mats (They'll ask you how many you need, we told them that we need 4-5 for each cabana.
We had lobster, scallop and shrimp skewers, ribs and some cookies for lunch. They have some other stuff too. You can ask your cabana attendant to get them for you or get in the very short line yourself. Keep in mind that the lobster will gone soon if you come eat late .

Before we came to Labadee, I asked the person in Guest Relations and Explorations desk about the cabana for rent. She told me in a way like "If you're not in a GS and above, forget it." I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask again the next day, this time a very nice lady gave me instructions how to get one.So after we got off early,we went straight to BareFoot Beach Club and asked those guys at the gate if they have any cabanas left for rent. They told us they still have 4 left and took us inside to let us choose which one we liked.
People with GS and above don't need to rent a cabana in order to have access to the beach and nice lunch. I would rent a cabana next time if we are there again!
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 PM

Glad to hear you had a good time, Sonny. Tanya, sorry about the bad service you experienced at Johnny Rockets.

Sonny, I wonder if the weather system was the same one that affected my cruise? I was affected on that Thursday, October 7 I think it was. We were supposed to go to Grand Cayman that day. I should mention I was on the Freedom at the time you were on the Liberty. When I went to the Windjammer for breakfast, I saw dark clouds, and it was dark enough I wasn't sure if it was day or night. It was about 7:30 am ship time. When I saw those clouds, I thought "Ooohhh, noooo. This can't be good." After waiting for a bit in the Arcadia Theater, where I was supposed to meet for my excursion, a Shore Excursions rep stated "Okay, are you guys ready?" Somewhat enthusiastic, we answer "YES!" Then he responds, "For drinking?" We couldn't hear the PA Announcements in the theater, but I guess either the guy walked out and heard an update saying the port was canceled, or it came to him via Walkie-Talkie, as he had one with him.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-11-2010, 06:01 AM

Tanya,

Thanks for the tip. This post escaped my attention so sorry for the delay in responding. It sounds like a cabana is the way to go while in Labadee. Are you saying the food comes with the cabana as well? I assume that the setup is first come, first served?

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 11-11-2010, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the pictures, Tanya, looks like y'all had a wonderful time! Welcome back
Old 11-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by electech:
Tanya,

Thanks for the tip. This post escaped my attention so sorry for the delay in responding. It sounds like a cabana is the way to go while in Labadee. Are you saying the food comes with the cabana as well? I assume that the setup is first come, first served?
Hi Bruce, yes the food comes with the cabana, and you are correct, first come, first serve.Your cabana attendant will let you know when lunch is served. We love Barefoot beach. They gave us wristbands so that you can go in and out of the gated area anytime.

They still have the regular lunch served at the same location as before if you don't want to rent a cabana.
Here are some more of Labadee's pictures

2011 - Jewel of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
allure, barefoot, beach, cabana, cabanna, cabansa, call, club, haiti, labadee, liberty, rent, rentals, renting, seas, wristbands