Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2005, 05:19 AM

Doing your first cruise on the Mariner of the Seas will spoil you forever. I only wish I could be there to enjoy your reactions when you first explore her.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 01-27-2005, 07:23 AM

It is our first cruise ever, too! I am so excited!!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:30 AM

Hi NancyN, I had to comment because I had no idea that RCCL had an alcholic drink card. I 've heard of the soda card, but not that. However, it sounds like you don't think very highly of either of them, especially the alchol card.
Can anyone comment on the cost and limits of both of these cards. I'm cruising on the Mariner on 2/6 and am quite curious. I'm looking for any way possible to keep costs down to a minimum. Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:25 AM

Actually the soda package is a good deal IF you drink a lot of soda. The cost for children (17 and under) is $4 per day and for adults it is $6 per day. Obviously at $1.50 per can of soda + 15% gratuity, you wouldn't need to consume much. It is, however, a fountain soda package and not by the can.

The drink packages however are a bit less advantageous. Groups have the opportunity to buy an unlimited alcohol package for $49 pp per day for well and call brand and $59 pp per day for premium. Individual ships within the fleet sometimes offer a drink package that allows for a set number of drinks at a set cost, but the price, ships and offers vary quite a bit. There are times when I have been on the same ship within a couple of months and once it is offered and the next time it is not - seems to be no rhyme or reason. But, when it has been offered it usually amounted to about a $.50 saving per drink and yur choices of brands was limited.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-28-2005, 09:08 PM

Hi Vacationqueen,
My hubby and I will be on the Mariner 2-06 also.
This is my 3rd cruise,first time on the Mariner. I drink alot of cokes and I have found it best to purchase the Soda/juice package.Its so much easier and cheaper to do it that way.
Linda
Old 01-29-2005, 07:03 PM

Okay, Cruisingalong:
I'm getting ready to leave in the a.m.! I'll be thinking of you, when I leave the ship next Sunday! Have a great trip!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:20 PM

Kandl,I know you are on the ship already...but you will read this when you get back...Hope you have a grand time...I will be waiting to get on so hurry up next Sunday and get OFF THAT SHIP....I WANT ON FOR MY TURN...LOL.
I'm counting the days now!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:33 AM

We sailed on Mariner in November 2004 and our UK travel agent gave us the alcoholic drinks card free with the booking as a special promotion.......well what a great gift!

There was the usual confusion about what is and is not included (at dinner the first night they brought 2 glasses of wine, the second night they brought two glasses and kept the bottle on the waiter's station, the rest of the cruise they just brought us the whole bottle......)

I reckon that our free drinks would have cost $800 over the week so whilst buying the card would have been a marginal saving, getting it free was wonderful! We are looking out for the same offer again......

Dont forget that the bar staff don't get a gratuity when you have a card, and it was a tribute to them that despite this they were every as bit as eager to serve us as they were to serve paying (and tipping 15%) customers. So good were the bar staff that we tipped our regular ones with cash on the last day, so they didnt lose out.

Megsmom: you will have an absolutely fabulous vacation; this is a breathtaking ship, the crew are the best we have ever met, and Captain Johnny Faevelen is absolutely UNIQUE !!!!

Have a great vacation!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by canhardlywait: We can hardly wait for February 13. There are three of us, including our 14 year old son. I hear that this is an outstanding cruise!!
quote:
Originally posted by megsmom:
We will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas on February 13th. Is there anyone else hanging around here that will be on that cruise?

I'm very excited, as this will be my first cruise and will be celebrating my birthday.

[/quote]

Closed Thread

Tags
alcoholic, beverages, bevereage, card, drink, mariner, package, seas