Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2004, 08:29 AM

My family is going on a 11 day ultimate caribbean cruise on Feb. 14, next year.Is anyone else here travelling then too?

Also, What is the ship like in terms of cleanliness, entertainment, food, etc.
thanks
Old 05-22-2004, 08:29 AM

My family is going on a 11 day ultimate caribbean cruise on Feb. 14, next year.Is anyone else here travelling then too?

Also, What is the ship like in terms of cleanliness, entertainment, food, etc.
thanks
Old 06-05-2004, 12:01 PM

I went on Brilliance 11-day cruise last year, it was to the Western Carribean - Booked again for this coming Jan 24. cruise that you are going on, Eastern Carribean, because I loved the ship and had a great time. 11-days is a great length, and I really like stopping at a different port everyday. I hope the problems in Haiti are resolved by then so we will be able to stop at Labadee as was the original plan.I don't know if they have an alternative stop planned yet for this coming cruise if not.

Ship was very clean, it was only about 8-months old when we went., food was good, and there is always lots of things going on.Brought WAY to many clothes, will go much lighter next year.We specifically book Deck 7, E1 category, the rooms beginning with 70--, and 75-- have balconies that are about twice the size of the regular balconies. So I was able to pick the exact room I wanted on this trip and book.(I've been booked since last november!)

Have fun - any other specific questions - let me know.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:32 PM

I have a group on the Brilliance of the Seas this fall and intend to do a MEGA review on her. I will be sure to take lots of pictures.

Tom
Old 06-13-2004, 08:08 PM

Hi Tom Ogg are you refering to Halloween cruise out of Barcelona or the trasatlantic cruise? we are booked on both...
Old 06-14-2004, 05:43 AM

Just back on May 26 from a 12 day itinerary on Brilliance stopping at Villefranche, Livorno (Pisa/Lucca/Florence), Naples, Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu and Rome.

Things I liked:
1. the ship - new and clean, clean, clean
2. the staff - all very helpful and friendly
3. the itinerary - great ports all significantly different
4. easy check in and check out
5. roomy staterooms; never felt crowded on a sold out cruise
6. views - tons of glass all over
7. stability - I honestly could not tell if the ship was sailing, docking or at anchor
8. no high pressure - activities and other things are there to buy, but only if you want
9. problem fixing - they really cared about anything you brought to their attention

Downsides:
1. food - generally ho hum fare with little zip or zing (some exceptions but you have to seek them out)
2. on board stage shows - so bad that lots of people walked out
3. photography - a little more care would have resulted in much better pictures

Don't let the negatives put you off too much. This ship is bordering on "greatness" and with a few tweaks could compete with the very high end ships.

Closed Thread